Author Topic: An expensive day ...  (Read 155 times)

Traveller

An expensive day ...
« on: Jul 22, 2017, 09:58:51 AM »
Yesterday turned out to be an expensive day.  It started when I discovered that the heating boiler was leaking oil. Before anyone panics and shouts "Fire", there was no real danger as the flames are well contained within the boiler.  I had a quick look at the burner and could see that the oil was dripping from the pump.   

A quick phone call, and by good luck, the boiler man was working in the next village.  The was with us within 15 mins and discovered a crack in the oil pump.  He said it was a fairly common fault (and the boiler is 12 years old), so he kept spares in his van.   A new pump and a bit of work - and a £140 bill!  Actually not too bad as the pump is around £100.

Great that's the boiler fixed, but guess what, Mrs T's Hudl tablet packed up.  Dead as a Dodo, so we went looking for a new tablet.  In the end, she bought a Lenovo 'Yoga'  tablet which is a whole world away from the 'Hudl'.  It took a while to figure out how to recover her eBooks, but eventually she got it up and running.

So, she's happy,  I'm happy but we're both poorer!

You'll have had your tea.

crabbyob

Re: An expensive day ...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2017, 10:03:45 AM »
i have a 'hudl' but use it only when abroad
i mainly use the laptop
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Coastal

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2017, 10:14:48 AM »
I had an expensive day a few weeks back, I bought four large bags of decorative stone, two stone chip and two slate, they cost me £295 and what makes it worse is, that I will still need some more.
And it's a well known thing that if one thing goes wrong, chances are that there's another disaster (hopefully minor) just around the corner. ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

minniemouse

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2017, 10:20:21 AM »
Post a picture of your garden when its finished Coastal.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Coastal

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2017, 10:26:53 AM »
Not easy as the stones are to go all the way around my home, I will put a couple of pics up but I won't be able to take the credit because I'm not doing it,
And of course that's another expense entirely.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......