Author Topic: talented children,  (Read 204 times)

Alfred

talented children,
« on: Aug 15, 2017, 08:10:58 AM »

Talented children  it seems are everywhere, many young children taught to play a violin others a piano, and recently one little boy conducted an orchestra, so is it the wishes of the parents who want to see their off spring become future stars and performers, or is it the child which has this natural ability to  simply perform,

also many young girls more than boys have incredible  beautiful voices , so where does this talent come from , when looking at classical composers some were quite young when they too developed the skill of writing classical music, other simply a brain for business skills, and very adapt for making money,  so where does all this ability come from , is it in the genes or is it  simply heredity some thing being passed down from one generation to another,

when seeing choirs , people of many different cultures all singing in a group all harmonising with each other to create a beautiful sound, which stirs the blood and music in itself  which does like wise,
music plays an important part in our lives from young to old, even if we are unable to sing any more,

Q; So do you have, or know, of  any talented children, if so will you tell us about them,

cheddar-caveman

Re: talented children,
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2017, 08:29:43 AM »
Yes there are a few really talented children out there but I think you'll find the majority who "perform" on these talent shows are of Asian (Indian and the like) birth where the parents cram them from day one almost just to be able to do well!
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

StephenM123

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2017, 12:46:52 PM »

A few years ago, I watched the quiz “Child Genius”. Whilst some were undoubtedly bright I disliked many of the parents and worried about the children not being able to enjoy childhood – it lasts but a few years! Moving on. My partner is a fan of quiz shows and recorded the latest series. As she has watched in back I have dipped in and out but still have the same misgivings. The format is irritating as at times you get the answer without hearing the question – how useless is that! I did give myself “brownie” points by doing better I the science round that the children did. However, rounds like spelling or remembering a deck of cards have little to do with genius. Some of the cleverest people I have met cannot spell or remember appointments, etc. Whilst places like China do better in league tables for, say, mathematics they do buy in technology. This country has invented much in many areas – this is real genius “original thinking”!

One moment that saddened me was when the family of one girl were out for a walk and her pushy mother was doing (difficult) spellings with her. Her brother looked bored to tears and in no way was this a family walk in the true sense of the word(s). My partner has yet to watch the final – maybe I can miss it!

granny moss

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2017, 04:09:40 PM »
One of my grandsons was a gifted guitar player. Had his own small group and still a teenager. One day, he was cycling and did not put his helmet on.  Ha a bad fall down hill and hit his head on the tarmac. Lucky to be alive...He damaged his brain and hear voices.  He is since then on medication. He does not speak to anyone, only his mother and father, in syllables. It breaks my heart to see him so changed. But we are thankful that his love of music and playing the guitar has survived. At Christmas he played for me Beethoven moonlight Sonata. I was in tears, because he plays with such tremendous feeling. He is gifted. gmx