Author Topic: Had somebody on the phone looking for people with liquid assets of £500,000 plus  (Read 611 times)

brian54

I have just had somebody on the phone interested in doing business with people with liquid assets of £500,000 plus.
I am just wondering where he will find them?.
I am sure there are people with assets amounting to £500,000 when houses are included but not liquid.
I don't know what my pension is worth as it just turns up monthly.

cheddar-caveman

This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

brian54

It looks as if £500,000 is loose change to chedder-caveman.

cheddar-caveman

Just your posts Brian, just your repetitive posts!!!
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

StephenM123

I think they were after Brian's collection of rare malts!   :) He might even have the Macallan '46!   ;D

fortyone

Why don't I get these calls I could have some fun with them?

Ah yes I remember now - it's because I have a Call Guardian phone. I got it when the council kept phoning me up in the middle of the night asking why I hadn't paid next years rates.

Fred Smiff

''rates '' fortyone?you're showing your age there ! ;D
My Mrs says I've got a mind like a Welsh railway........one track and filthy 😁

fortyone

Guilty as charged. I still think of it as rates. In fact as far as I can see it is no different from rates.

brian54

Instead of council tax why not call it scroungers tax?.

Johned

Does the term "liquid assets" of half a million, mean you own a brewery?  Pardon my ignorance.

Phil

I have just had somebody on the phone interested in doing business with people with liquid assets of £500,000 plus.
I am just wondering where he will find them?.
I am sure there are people with assets amounting to £500,000 when houses are included but not liquid.
I don't know what my pension is worth as it just turns up monthly.

Keep up the good work Brian because while you're getting all these calls it's stopping the rest of us from getting any.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

brian54

Does the term "liquid assets" of half a million, mean you own a brewery?  Pardon my ignorance.
h

Liquid assets really means assets in a cash form which could be used immediately to buy goods.
With the house value and savings I have more than that amount but I could not get that amount in cash to spend tomorrow.
Pensions are sometimes a liquid asset at the point of retirement but mine was just final salary with no option of a lump sum so I don't know the value of that.
Oddly somebody I worked with in London has a house worth about £1,000,000 but he does not have the money to be on the town every night.

fortyone

mine was just final salary with no option of a lump sum so I don't know the value of that.

When I was looking at annuities at age 62 with 50% of pension going to wife should she survive me (she is a couple of years younger than me) and a minimum 10 year payout they were paying approximately 5% of the capital annually. Clearly ages and the like matter but if you multiply your annual pension by 20 that is a good ballpark estimate for what it would have cost to set up. Quite a bit more if it has an annual increment.

If you are really interested I'm sure google would find you a calculator allowing a nice little gloat.

Coastal

Don't you just hate it when people only want you for your money

Having said that, I have always stated that I would NEVER get married again, but a good looking woman with liquid assets of £500,000 plus, could possibly talk me around
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

brian54

Don't you just hate it when people only want you for your money

Having said that, I have always stated that I would NEVER get married again, but a good looking woman with liquid assets of £500,000 plus, could possibly talk me around

A woman suggested my father took equity release on the house to take her on a round the world cruise. Dad told her at the start I half owned the house and this came our after about 10 weeks.
For some strange reason she thought the surviving parent always owned the house until the end of their life and no offspring could have any interest in it till then.
Another problem. Dad did not get on well with boats. He was always unwell when we crossed the channel from Dover to Calais.