Author Topic: Retirement Villages  (Read 617 times)

Fred Smiff

Re: Retirement Villages
« Reply #15 on: Aug 20, 2017, 06:21:14 PM »
Scrumpy , if one indicator is ticking fast , it normally means a bulb on that side has blown .
My Mrs says I've got a mind like a Welsh railway........one track and filthy 😁

Scrumpy

« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2017, 06:30:41 PM »
Thank you Smiffy .. I think you are right . I was going to take it in for a service but I might just get someone to change the bulb ..

Would I be able to do it please .?
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

firenze

« Reply #17 on: Aug 20, 2017, 07:07:37 PM »
Staying put amongst familiars is important Scrumpy,  the car going seems not to be a problem as yet.  I am relieved of petrol filling up insurances etc I can sit and grow fat and talk to you lot!
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

zoony

« Reply #18 on: Aug 20, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »
Thank you Smiffy .. I think you are right . I was going to take it in for a service but I might just get someone to change the bulb ..

Would I be able to do it please .?

Yes, you would Scrumpy. If you have the manual it'll tell you how to access them. Otherwise google the make and model number and go from there. Normally uncomplicated...put it this way, I can do it... ::)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Fred Smiff

« Reply #19 on: Aug 20, 2017, 07:49:03 PM »
Scrumpy , if you can't then go to a garage or Halfords .It's only a 5 minute job so they shouldn't charge much
My Mrs says I've got a mind like a Welsh railway........one track and filthy 😁

Scrumpy

« Reply #20 on: Aug 20, 2017, 09:17:48 PM »
Thank you so much for helping me .. I really thought I would have to take it in for a service..

I am so happy .. I'm saving up for a new sofa without touching my savings and this is good news ..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

zoony

« Reply #21 on: Aug 20, 2017, 09:45:48 PM »
Pay for a service just to change a lightbulb? That doesn't sound like you at all..It might be wise to replace the one on the other side too..A stitch in time an' all that..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

minniemouse

« Reply #22 on: Aug 20, 2017, 11:57:16 PM »
Thank you so much for helping me .. I really thought I would have to take it in for a service..

I am so happy .. I'm saving up for a new sofa without touching my savings and this is good news ..
Don't forget the Charity Shops.  I have just bought a sofa and matching reclining chair which is G Plan and nearly new for £300.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

granny moss

« Reply #23 on: Aug 21, 2017, 03:38:46 PM »
So funny:  I am saving up to buy a sofa so as not having to touch my savings.... ??? That is what I try to do when I need something replaced... ::)    What are the savings for ??? puzzled gmx

StephenM123

« Reply #24 on: Aug 21, 2017, 08:38:05 PM »

About a decade ago I was invited to a function at a retirement village in Buckinghamshire. There was a mix of housing from small houses with gardens to one bedroomed flats. In addition there was a restaurant , pub, hairdressers and visits by chiropodists, etc. Care packages could be easily arranged if peoples health deteriorated and run on-site. We thought it was an excellent arrangement.

At the end of the day most people will not be able to live independently when they are over 90 (if they are still alive) and this seemed an excellent set up.