Author Topic: Son being asked to pay father's care home fees.  (Read 2946 times)

sparky

Re: Son being asked to pay father's care home fees.
« Reply #15 on: Aug 23, 2017, 08:43:25 AM »
I feel it is totally wrong that some folk have to sell their homes to pay for care, but I also think it wrong to label all council/renting tenants by Brian in the way that he has, while there may be many to fit that bill, I suggest there are far more that have not been able, for various  reasons, been able to build up any significant savings, or property, I suggest that had the cards not fallen in Brian's favour over his lifetime, he could equally have ended up in the way he condemns others, some of us just  had more lucky breaks, as in my case.

brian54

« Reply #16 on: Aug 23, 2017, 09:36:09 AM »

I think it is wrong that children are even asked if they would sell their houses to pay for their parents care. The son lives on his own in a 4 bedroom detached house. I don't know if he has ever been married.
The social worker said there is no need for 1 person to have that size house.
Unfortunately nobody knows the future and he could have got married and it would have been nice to have the house there if marriage had happened.
He has told me he intends to downsize at some point but he wants the money to enjoy his retirement.

brian54

« Reply #17 on: Aug 23, 2017, 10:03:53 AM »

Birmingham's social workers quake when they see Count (Brian) Dracula approach! They are sore afraid and collecting money for him to move to Liverpool!    ;D ;D ;D

I don't think I am very poplar with Birmingham Social workers. One did not want me in the room and her manager took the meeting.
My reputation is spreading to Walsall and Sandwell as well.

Alex22

« Reply #18 on: Aug 23, 2017, 12:27:55 PM »

My reputation is spreading to Walsall and Sandwell as well.

To all parts of the UK in fact Brian, courtesy of PF   ;D

granny moss

« Reply #19 on: Aug 23, 2017, 01:23:31 PM »
Fred Smiff: Misunderstandings do happen. I apologise if you felt that I was intending all rent payers. I just know, that those who rent, do not own a property to sell, therefore they do not have to sell their hard earned home to pay for care in a nursing home .Anyone please tell me if I am wrong, so that I can apologise in advance. GMx

granny moss

« Reply #20 on: Aug 23, 2017, 01:49:04 PM »
I am afraid I think I have made a mistake in joining this forum. A bit too sharp and controversial for me. I like peace and contentment. It is not as friendly as I hoped, as I may find myself in trouble with the various members that use it as a political platform. I will have to apologise too many times and that will cause me unwanted stress. So, I am out. I feel it is not suitable for me. I am looking for light conversation and banter. The serious  subjects I can read in the Papers, if I wanted. All best wishes to you all. All the above, without prejudice and with the most sincere intention.  gmx

Fred Smiff

« Reply #21 on: Aug 23, 2017, 02:14:54 PM »
Granny Moss , in case you do look in again , your apology accepted with gratitude
My Mrs says I've got a mind like a Welsh railway........one track and filthy 😁

sparky

« Reply #22 on: Aug 23, 2017, 02:16:51 PM »
I am always surprised that people need to announce their  reason to leave being the manner in which views are being expressed on just one subject, sure the simple answer is to avoid those topics, I can liken it to a person saying I am going to get rid of my television, because I don't like  Coronation street, or EastEnders , . isn't life about choices.

StephenM123

« Reply #23 on: Aug 23, 2017, 02:49:29 PM »

Brian54 , if you'll forgive me for being a little personal , do you perchance have a very vivid imagination ?

Fred, permit me to introduce Walter's son Brian!   :) ;) ;D

Fred Smiff

« Reply #24 on: Aug 23, 2017, 04:11:17 PM »
That'll be ....Mitty ?  ;D

brian54

« Reply #25 on: Aug 23, 2017, 08:34:15 PM »
To all parts of the UK in fact Brian, courtesy of PF   ;D
The people whose houses I have saved appreciate what I am doing for them. I am not sure about the NHS and council tax payers.

minniemouse

« Reply #26 on: Aug 24, 2017, 12:10:46 AM »
Keep up the good work Brian, you are a Knight in shining armour.!
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

brian54

« Reply #27 on: Aug 24, 2017, 05:27:48 AM »

Be a druggie Alcoholic. non saver. general layabout. You will get care provided, or make sure you spread your money around legally  (pay a good accountant if you have the money) and perhaps you will be able to keep your savings, why should savers face this penalty just because they have been prudent and planned for retirement. Y es myself have been quoted £1000 to £1380 a week for Audrey who is getting worse with dementia. Will keep her at home as long as  possible. There is money in our  land for care, there is plenty for the above and others. Was not many years ago a slogan care from the cradle to the  grave from the N.H.S, Dementia is a illness why is it not treated as such when it comes to care, when a smoker gives themselves lung cancer they are cared for thats self inflicted yet care is free. A fair society I think not.

I know a lady who has lung cancer and she has never smoked. I have never smoked but I must have passively smoked in the past as I went in to pubs where people were smoking.
A while ago a man lit up on a train. He should have been fined £1,000,000.00 as he must have been rich. Andy has just winked. I think he is saying 100,000,000.00 because he and Peter were there.

Scrumpy

« Reply #28 on: Aug 24, 2017, 08:03:13 AM »

I know a lady who

Swallowed a fly..!!!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Fred Smiff

« Reply #29 on: Aug 24, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »
But I don't know why....... ;D