Author Topic: winter home discount  (Read 2692 times)

David G

Re: winter home discount
« Reply #15 on: Sep 15, 2017, 05:45:30 PM »
Or as I've already stated, not in receipt of any of the above i.e. not one of the core group, but one of the broader group, a customer with a gross annual household income (HHI) of less than £16,190[3] before tax or NI, married OR single and of pensionable age.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #16 on: Sep 15, 2017, 05:54:18 PM »
Did you get it on that basis David?  I thought you would have to have one of the other ticks in the box.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

David G

« Reply #17 on: Sep 15, 2017, 06:03:10 PM »
I got it on that basis firstly off Scottish Power and when I swapped to Sainsbury's ( British Gas ) I got it from them. Low income, pensionable age.   
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #18 on: Sep 15, 2017, 06:07:05 PM »
Well that's certainly worth knowing!  I love the way they say you can only benefit once no matter how many times you are eligible.  I have to admit I thought it was my chronic illnesses that ticked my boxes but now I can dream of just how many £140 I could have if only the rules where different ;D
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Sep 15, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »
Well, the rules seem to've changed. When I was eligible it was every year..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #20 on: Sep 15, 2017, 06:25:46 PM »
I think you still would be as part of the 'core' group zoony.  It's the other group that gets so complicated - and it varies a little from provider to provider!  I have a feeling they must be inundated because many people are beginning to realise they 'may' be eligible.  It is certainly worth finding out.  If you are not in the 'core' group though you will have to apply each year.   I have a feeling someone sat down and tried to work out just how complicated it could be.  Oh for basic income ::)

Fred Smiff

« Reply #21 on: Sep 15, 2017, 07:05:04 PM »
Well, the rules seem to've changed. When I was eligible it was every year..

I was just told that the application is only for one year . Must re-apply each year after this
My Mrs says I've got a mind like a Welsh railway........one track and filthy 😁

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #22 on: Sep 15, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »
That means you are not in the 'core' group as they call it.  They could change the eligibility which is why you have to reapply.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #23 on: Sep 15, 2017, 09:24:45 PM »
Nope, not entitled, too much savings ??? One gets penalised for being frugal and sensible in one's early life ???
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

zoony

« Reply #24 on: Sep 15, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »
Not that again...Personally, I never earned enough money to be profligate..
I don't mean to be rude C-C. You worked for and travelled with the RN for enough years to gain your pension. You seem well-travelled and a skilled man. You have an income in retirement, that affords you to travel, buy a new car, (and I know that downsizing helped with all that) and enjoy the freedom to enjoy your achievements and your hobbies as you should. My life has not been that way, it's been the exact opposite but it's been great for the most part. I knew I'd eventually end up managing on a pension if I was lucky enough to live that long, which is why I bought my home..to make life that much easier. It's not a coincidence that the last mortgage payment came in my 64th year.
My point is that you shouldn't consider those who live as I do to be somehow better off than you, or make like you do, for whatever reason you'd have, because they qualify for this benefit or the other.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

David G

« Reply #25 on: Sep 16, 2017, 08:39:40 AM »
CC they don't ask about or take into consideration your savings, low annual income and age is how I get it. If your total household income is £16,190 p.a. or less you should apply.

Fred Smiff

« Reply #26 on: Sep 16, 2017, 08:58:17 AM »
CC they don't ask about or take into consideration your savings, low annual income and age is how I get it. If your total household income is £16,190 p.a. or less you should apply.
Plus , as stated , chronic health problems .

David G

« Reply #27 on: Sep 16, 2017, 09:07:14 AM »
You don't have to have chronic health problems as well as the two criteria I mention, I'm as fit as a butchers dog for a 70yr old.

Fred Smiff

« Reply #28 on: Sep 16, 2017, 09:29:55 AM »
I might not have made my post clear , I was stating that chronic health problems are also a relevant criteria .

katkin11

« Reply #29 on: Sep 16, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »
hi fred smuff i get mine automaticly every year/ i posted as i had it a couple of days ago instead of november