Author Topic: Ever been had?  (Read 499 times)

fortyone

Ever been had?
« on: Sep 24, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »
When I was working I felt undressed without a watch. These days I frequently don't bother with one.

We had been out walking for quite a while and were nearly back. I asked my wife what she thought the time was. She looked up at the sun, paused a few moments and said it's about half  past four. I checked the clock when we got back and reckoned she must have been within a few minutes of correct. I was impressed.

A few days later we were our again and I asked the same question. She looked me in the eye and said - I've no idea. I didn't wear a watch today.

Alex22

Re: Ever been had?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2017, 01:52:52 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2017, 04:39:53 PM »
I have been known to wear my watch upside down .I seldom look at it
and never notice these things until I take it off.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alfred

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2017, 08:02:07 AM »
when i was young and had just started work one day travelling on the tube the people sitting opposite me were politely staring at my feet. it wasn't  until i reached work that i had realised that earlier in the morning  after waking up half asleep i had put on one brown, and one blue sock,

Coastal

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2017, 10:39:28 AM »
I couldn't have gone to work without a watch, but now I only wear one when I go out (if I remember)
I have a clock in the lounge, the kitchen, the bedroom and even the bathroom, the radio in the car has one and of course my phone (but that could be and often has, a flat battery) so it's not very often that a watch is needed.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

fortyone

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2017, 11:16:12 AM »
...realised that earlier in the morning  after waking up half asleep i had put on one brown, and one blue sock....
When I retired I inherited some household jobs. One was sorting the socks and underwear after the wash. I was infuriated with the job of sock pairing. I solved it by dumping all my socks and buying a pile of indentical black ones for winter and white sports socks for summer. My wife still has several different types though.