Author Topic: Untaxed Vehicles.  (Read 1443 times)

brian54

Re: Untaxed Vehicles.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 07, 2017, 10:14:25 AM »
I'm guessing that was a recent program Phil or on one of the channels with endless repeats.

It seems that the DVLA do operate clamping vans. IMO scrapping the tax disk was a mistake. Traffic wardens could see at a glance if a vehicle was taxed before.

Just been past a 1 hour zone and a clamped vehicle I saw yesterday had a parking ticket on the windscreen as well as still being clamped.

StephenM123

« Reply #16 on: Oct 07, 2017, 05:33:20 PM »
Whilst I have seen rows of cars ticketed I have only seen the odd car clamped - but then I do not live in Birmingham! Some years ago I saw dozens of cars ticketed as they were illegal parked, and in some cases dangerously so. Their excuse was that they were attending a charity event but why that precluded them walking a few hundred yards never became clear. despite complaining to the local free sheets the penalties were rightfully enforced. The arrogance was unbelievable - supporting a charity does not put you above the law!

crabbyob

« Reply #17 on: Oct 07, 2017, 05:41:55 PM »
my son came on time Brian and was born in Birmingham
he is now 52 and i have never heard him admit his place of birth
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alex22

« Reply #18 on: Oct 07, 2017, 06:02:13 PM »
My one daughter came early in Liverpool. She is tarnished with a Liverpool birth certificate.

You can go off people  !

granny moss

« Reply #19 on: Oct 11, 2017, 02:58:04 PM »
All quite funny  :D 8) ::) ??? When someone left a vehicle in front of our garage for a few days, we got the council to remove it and they sent the bill to the owner of the car.I do not know now...I probably would get a brick through the windows...but I do not live there anymore.gmx

crabbyob

« Reply #20 on: Oct 15, 2017, 11:29:29 PM »
there is a big white tranny parked out our backsies, it hasnt moved for three months but the cops say it is taxed and insured so can do nowt, it takes up the space of two cars... ???
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”