Author Topic: Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder  (Read 801 times)

caminito

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder
« on: Feb 18, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »

I have recently been diagnosed with AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it goes:

I decide to clean the car, start to the garage and notice the mail on the table. OK, I'm going to clean the car... BUT FIRST I'm going to go through the mail.

Lay car keys down on desk. After discarding the junk mail, I notice the bin bag is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk.... BUT FIRST I'll take the bin bag out, but since I'm going to be near the postbox, I'll pay a few bills....

Yes, now where is the cheque book? Oops.. there's only one cheque left. Where did I put the extra cheques? Oh, there is my empty cup  from last night on my desk. I'm going to look for those cheques... BUT FIRST I need to put the cup back in the kitchen.

I head for the kitchen, look out the window, notice the flowers need a drink of water, I put the cup on the worktop and there's my extra pair of glasses on the kitchen worktop. What are they doing here? I'll just put them away... BUT FIRST need to water those plants.

I head for the door and... Aaaagh! my wife left the TV remote in the wrong spot. Okay, I'll put the remote away and water the plants... BUT FIRST I need to find those cheques.

END OF DAY: car not cleaned, bills still unpaid, cup still in the sink, cheque book still has only one cheque left, lost my car keys, ..

And, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because... I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY! I realize this condition is serious... I'd get help...

BUT FIRST...I think I'll check my e-mail.
 :o

Hugh

Re: Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
Great excuse for having a lazy day AAADD  ;D ;D ;D

phyllis

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2011, 02:40:56 PM »
You are singing all our lives with your song!!!

Chrisjay

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2011, 12:20:30 PM »
Is there a AAADD club in which case I need membership  :-\

Chrisjay

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
This seemed the most appropriate place to put it  ;D ;D

I have a new way of raising taxes to help the seniors!
Tax exposed flesh male and female  @ 1/- a square inch per day
Think of the amount we would raise at just one film premier

I think Ive put this in the wrong place reposition somebody please
yet another senior moment!