Author Topic: Hollywood Knives  (Read 5116 times)

Phil

Re: Hollywood Knives
« Reply #90 on: Oct 21, 2017, 08:03:55 AM »
and real life is somewhere between UP and Phil's outlook i fear

It's not my outlook.

I'm merely reiterating what I've heard feminist groups say on the TV news when interviewed.

Their view is that a woman is fully entitled to stagger down the street, blind drunk whilst wearing little more than a glorified bikini & I agree with them.

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #91 on: Oct 21, 2017, 08:06:37 AM »
Are you saying she is not entitled to do that and be safe Phil?
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

crabbyob

« Reply #92 on: Oct 21, 2017, 09:19:16 AM »
what we ALL mean is that the person who puts on your lipstick is responsible for your safety not the policeman in a car three streets away
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #93 on: Oct 21, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »
I feel like I am in another country on here this morning.  I know if I ask Crabby what he means he will be annoyed but could someone explain that please. 
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

minniemouse

« Reply #94 on: Oct 21, 2017, 10:20:00 AM »
He means you're responsible for your own safety. (I think).
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

crabbyob

« Reply #95 on: Oct 21, 2017, 10:27:58 AM »
lol, thanks Minnie
and UP you are in another country.. ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

xetog

« Reply #96 on: Oct 21, 2017, 12:08:12 PM »

IMO, Even if walking along the street stark naked any woman should feel safe from violence (if a little embarrassed).  The fact is that we know it's not, so acting in a manner that is considered provocative is unwise.  Nevertheless anyone who takes advantage of the situation should be punished with the full fury of the law.  The thing I object to is that we all get tarred with the same brush.

Mike. 8)
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Scrumpy

« Reply #97 on: Oct 21, 2017, 12:43:35 PM »

I think everyone should take some responsibility for themselves.
Dressing in the extreme is going to draw attention to yourself and It would seem that is what one is looking for.
You can not tell me that girls/women showing everything they have got does it for their own benefit.
It is the same as it always has been .
We wore mini skirts.. knickers temptingly just showing.. We wore tight sweaters that showed our busts.
I was very envious of Theresa Lambert she was perfect.. I was flat.

No..One shouldn't get raped because of that.. But we must remember that the male out there is playing the same game..
and  (many) of them are under the influence of alcohol/drugs..
Watch some of the programs where the night cop is on patrol the streets ... They all seem to be falling on top of one another.!... and I don't mean the cops.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #98 on: Oct 21, 2017, 01:14:33 PM »
Thanks miniemouse. 

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #99 on: Oct 21, 2017, 04:04:55 PM »
My daughter has been round this afternoon and, while we were chatting, I mentioned that there was someone on this forum who kept calling my by a name that is not my chosen name on here, and that I have asked them to stop on several occasions but they continued at every opportunity. 

She was very surprised that no one stopped this person.  She then said she wondered how they would feel if someone was doing that to their grandchild and why is it any different when it is done to an adult as this is just bullying and harassment?  She certainly could not understand why the forum didn't put a stop to it - and neither can I.  We have so many people on here telling us how the morality of the young is not what it was but it seems it is sometimes rather better than a gathering of the old.

Scrumpy

« Reply #100 on: Oct 21, 2017, 04:40:57 PM »
We have so many people on here telling us how the morality of the young is not what it was but it seems it is sometimes rather better than a gathering of the old.

UP.. I couldn't agree more . The young have so much more fun than us old .
My grandchildren go off to festivals.. Jump in their cars and travel all around the country meeting up with others .. They fly off with their friends to other countries and heaven knows what they get up to at Uni ..

So much more interesting than a bit of Line Dancing ,gentle exercise and Bingo down at the centre .
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #101 on: Oct 21, 2017, 04:59:39 PM »
I actually referred to their sense of morality Scrumpy, not the type of fun each age group has - unless Bingo has suddenly become immoral :o    Perhaps I should have said they more easily recognise right and wrong.

fortyone

« Reply #102 on: Oct 21, 2017, 09:51:04 PM »

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #103 on: Oct 21, 2017, 09:55:43 PM »
I think the Methodist church has always banned bingo fortyone.  They will not allow anything that could be considered to be gambling but I don't think there is any overall list of what is and what isn't.  In the back of my mind I have a memory of some of them banning yoga too but I could be wrong on that.