Author Topic: Inflation is up in England  (Read 789 times)

Scrumpy

Re: Inflation is up in England
« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2017, 07:23:11 PM »
  I think it's another of Martins wind - ups.  Am I alone in finding them irritating?

Mike. 8)

No, you are not ..
I think Martin is under the false impression that we in the UK are envious of his life in Spain .. I can assure him that I for one am not .
Ok ,so he gets a bit more sunshine then us .. Even THAT can become boring after a time and it causes wrinkly skin .

Deep down I think he misses the UK but its too late for him to return ..
Just saying .

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

xetog

« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2017, 07:35:56 PM »

Apparently it also wrinkles the brain.

Mike. 8)
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Alfred

« Reply #17 on: Oct 19, 2017, 08:13:48 AM »
when i had a mortgage back in 1988 i seem to recall that the then mortgage interest rate crept up to 15% and for me it was a close call as if it had gone much higher i would have lost the house , luckily enough within a year or so the interest rate began to drop but for me then it was a close call,.

JCBDriver

« Reply #18 on: Oct 19, 2017, 12:18:02 PM »
Oh I do hope we maintain a friendly disposition with Spain. I have just taken delivery of a new Seat Leon and would hope to do so again in the future which will help the ailing Spanish economy without a hefty penalty.

Alfred

« Reply #19 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »
Yes i hope your right J.C.B DRIVER  as Santander has already established itself in the U.K

Ashy

« Reply #20 on: Oct 19, 2017, 05:05:28 PM »
I think we can remain friendly with Spain and other parts of europe so long as they are individual countries.

peterpensioner

« Reply #21 on: Oct 19, 2017, 05:12:12 PM »

I think we can remain friendly with Spain and other parts of europe so long as they are individual countries.

Looks like Spain is going to be at least two countries soon - or will it be three if the Basque's get their independence too.

zoony

« Reply #22 on: Oct 19, 2017, 05:29:45 PM »
It could turn very unpleasant and civil war is not out of the question. Many of the Basques would, I'm sure, rush to join the fight, not to mention Galicians so that's the country buggered for years. I just hope cool heads prevail.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.