Author Topic: TV Remote  (Read 862 times)

Alex22

TV Remote
« on: Oct 17, 2017, 03:11:07 PM »
My telly keeps changing from TV to HDMI I can be watching a programme and suddenly the screen goes black, when I press the AV button at the top, it's sat on HDM1 when I move it down to TV the picture comes back on.  Does anyone know why this is happening ? 

minniemouse

Re: TV Remote
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2017, 05:38:45 PM »
A similar thing used to happen to me and then I discovered, by accident, if I pressed the SKY button when it happens it solves the problem and it happens very rarely now.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2017, 06:13:19 PM »
It could be due to a dog sitting on the remote but it might be worth looking through the settings in case it is set up to happen automatically. Can't think why it should be though.

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2017, 08:54:24 PM »
I haven't got Sky MM or a dog Ashy  ;D   My neighbour seems to think it was the gale force winds we had last night, maybe affecting the aerial ?  I don't know, but tonight it's not doing it.

crabbyob

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2017, 03:05:13 AM »
its a good job my TV isnt bothered by wind... ::)
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

minniemouse

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2017, 12:11:31 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2017, 01:47:27 PM »
Back to the drawing board, it wasn't the wind  8) it could be something to do with TalkTalk TV box which I unplugged - probably operator error here ! 

Phil

« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2017, 02:02:05 PM »
My telly keeps changing from TV to HDMI I can be watching a programme and suddenly the screen goes black, when I press the AV button at the top, it's sat on HDM1 when I move it down to TV the picture comes back on.  Does anyone know why this is happening ?

I haven't got Sky MM or a dog Ashy  ;D   My neighbour seems to think it was the gale force winds we had last night, maybe affecting the aerial ?  I don't know, but tonight it's not doing it.

It's nothing to do with the aerial or signal.

It's a problem with the HDMI-CEC function of your YouView box.

Is it a Huawei DN372T?

Make sure the HDMI cable from the box to your TV is secure at both ends.

You might have to do a full factory rest but you'd lose all settings & recordings.

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Alex22

« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »
It is a Huawei Phil, not sure of the number though.  I tried to disconnect the TalkTalk box as it kept going zigzaggy - I can't think how else to describe it  ;D   Because my telly is so far away from the PC there are lots of plugs and cables and flashing lights.    Anyway, I thought I had disconnected all the plugs and I stuck the aerial lead from the wall directly into the back of my telly.  Now the telly keeps going off and reverting back to HDM1 even though I've set it to TV.   My Firestick is in the upstairs TV,  that wouldn't affect this telly would it ?

No doubt I'll be in for the usual  "Mother, why can't you leave things alone" from my son when he visits later.  ;D

Phil

« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2017, 02:55:09 PM »
It is a Huawei Phil, not sure of the number though.  I tried to disconnect the TalkTalk box as it kept going zigzaggy - I can't think how else to describe it  ;D   Because my telly is so far away from the PC there are lots of plugs and cables and flashing lights.    Anyway, I thought I had disconnected all the plugs and I stuck the aerial lead from the wall directly into the back of my telly.  Now the telly keeps going off and reverting back to HDM1 even though I've set it to TV.   My Firestick is in the upstairs TV,  that wouldn't affect this telly would it ?

No doubt I'll be in for the usual  "Mother, why can't you leave things alone" from my son when he visits later.  ;D

Ah, with that set up you could have problems.

Is the Youview box connected in any way to the TV?

The aerial lead from the aerial outlet should be plugged into the YouView box & the HDMI lead from the Youview box into the TV.

The Firestick won't affect anything.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

minniemouse

« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2017, 03:09:58 PM »
Are your buttons sticking on your remote, and then popping back up again later?

crabbyob

« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2017, 05:15:14 PM »
doncha just love our I.T. team...
and my son also went to a similar school
father just leave things alone
i am about as much use as a pillar box on a submarine
oops no Zoony, i guess they might just have one
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Ashy

« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2017, 05:19:56 PM »
I never knew submarines had pillar boxes. You see, you learn something every day here.

crabbyob

« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2017, 05:23:23 PM »
we havent learned it yet Ashy, we are awaiting a retort

zoony

« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2017, 05:35:56 PM »
Mostly electronic now, email and skype but it is possible to send Christmas cards and stuff but it needs some thinking about.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.