Author Topic: Wot,no pension?  (Read 652 times)

minniemouse

Re: Wot,no pension?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 19, 2017, 11:19:33 PM »
I've seen those dogs begging.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Oct 19, 2017, 11:45:50 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #17 on: Oct 20, 2017, 05:18:00 AM »
i remember after the war, we lived in a two story tenement and guys wearing army greatcoats used to go down the rear of the building singing and an occasional window would open and a few coppers would be thrown to them from folk that couldnt really afford it... different strokes, from different folks..
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

minniemouse

« Reply #18 on: Oct 20, 2017, 04:22:23 PM »
I remember as kids we would be dragging a Guy Fawkes all round town, begging. :D
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Scrumpy

« Reply #19 on: Oct 20, 2017, 05:12:20 PM »
I remember as kids we used to stand at the railway crossing when the gates were closed and hold our grubby hands out towards the old coaches that were on the way to Brighton .. They used to throw pennies out the windows and us kids would scrabble around to pick them up .. None of us had a watch but we knew by instinct when the gates would be closing and the coaches would be on the road .
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Phil

« Reply #20 on: Oct 21, 2017, 08:24:14 AM »
Somebody has told me where I once worked there are still plenty who are not in the pension scheme. I told several to join the pension scheme or they will be poor in retirement. They ignored me and guess what has happened.

Guess what happened?

They receive Pension Credit, don't pay Council Tax or rent & get free veterinary treatment for their dog.

That's what happened.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin