Author Topic: ROYAL WEDDING  (Read 16290 times)

Chrisjay

Re: ROYAL WEDDING
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2011, 09:54:23 AM »
Well it seems 24 million plus watched the wedding on TV in this country - averaging at least two people per TV make 48 million - compare that to 14,000 registered republicans - well you can do the numbers yourself.

The photo's released since the wedding are lovely in the way they are a mix of the traditional and informal just a delight.

I have been out buying the magazines this morning as my friends in Hong Kong want copies - they stayed up watching it and thoroughly enjoyed it and it is so nice to know that we can occasionally be seen as something positive in the world as opposed to all the negative press we get especially about the violence here.

As I often say perception is everything and we are not perceived very well abroad more lager louts and drunken violent football 'supporters' the the quintessential English lady and gentlemen  (and I do not refer to Royalty in the lady and gentlemen reference) of years gone by.

caminito

« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2011, 10:14:38 AM »
The killing of Osama bin Laden has knocked the royal Wedding off the headlines this morning .
The media will now go over the top on this news  ???

David G

« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2011, 10:43:17 AM »
Twenty four million people in the U.K. watched the wedding means just that, not twenty four million tv sets were switched on with who knows how many people watching each set. So that sort of halves the royalist count.
With a population approaching sixty two million I make that thirty eight million who didn't watch it. i.e. the majority.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Chrisjay

« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:15 AM »
I see you are as good at maths as I am  ;D ;D ;D

Deetta

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2011, 11:37:44 AM »
Twenty four million people in the U.K. watched the wedding means just that, not twenty four million tv sets were switched on with who knows how many people watching each set. So that sort of halves the royalist count.
With a population approaching sixty two million I make that thirty eight million who didn't watch it. i.e. the majority.
I live in the north-east UK in what used to be an extremely Royalist area, as we drove through the town on the wedding day we only saw signs of one small street party (in bed sit land where lots of druggies live) the supermarkets were packed, the beach was packed, roads full of cars, so no sign of many people staying in glued to their TV sets, so I think that perhaps proves David G's point.    Even a German newspaper was complaining about a wedding overload.   But if it's what you liked, all I can say is 'enjoy'... but I'm glad it's all over.   Next thing though is the 'waiting for a royal baby'!   

avalonmpk2

« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »
Bring on the REPUBLIC!
Stone walls do not a prison make nor iron bars a cage.
Richard Lovelace
DO NOT FORGET TO LOG OFF - REMOVE COOKIES

Chrisjay

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2011, 01:43:01 PM »
Cherie Blair for First Lady  ::)

avalonmpk2

« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2011, 01:45:31 PM »
No No No Ann Widdecombe or Kate Adie
Stone walls do not a prison make nor iron bars a cage.
Richard Lovelace
DO NOT FORGET TO LOG OFF - REMOVE COOKIES

Chrisjay

« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2011, 01:46:45 PM »
Oh Yes I vote for Ann she would set the country on fire  ;)

Gennaio

« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
Ann W for me as well.

So sad to see Sir Henry Cooper has died - you don't smell Brut on the guys these days, but the odd "whiff" will now always remind me of a lovely man.

Chrisjay

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »
Ted Lowe the voice of snooker also died at the weekend it's a shame when people who have given so much pleasure to people die  :'(