Author Topic: cash and carry and supermarkets.  (Read 145 times)

Alfred

cash and carry and supermarkets.
« on: Oct 19, 2017, 08:25:29 AM »

Many years back cash and carry stores were convenient for anyone say owning and running a café, or a small shop , and the trade discounts were encouraging for small businesses,

yet in recent times when my family and i go regularly to lidl, or aldi.  iv seen people buying loads of food and drinks by the  trolley loads and iv seen two trolleys packed to the gills  obviously not for home consumption, most likely for a café or small shop , so it seems

crabbyob

Re: cash and carry and supermarkets.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2017, 12:25:31 PM »
part of our town has become Roma, and a large white covered truck turns up daily taking and delivering orders, one day greengrocer next day tinned goods and packages... why are our poorer families not following suit, there are also lots of left hand drive cars parked all over, no doubt with no road tax nor insurance, why is this allowed, by law there is a time limit to how long this vehicle can use our roads but how  might the police enforce it when they cant even enforce them [censored] in the street...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Ashy

Re: cash and carry and supermarkets.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2017, 08:47:24 PM »
The answer would seem to be that the supermarkets have similar or lower prices than the cash & carry warehouse. A few years ago I went round one of those C&Cs with a friend who was a trade member. The prices on display excluded VAT and in some cases they looked a bit high to me.