Author Topic: O2  (Read 651 times)

brian54

Re: O2
« Reply #15 on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »
I'm eagerly awaiting details of Brian's gas and electric bills next week.

You are going to be disappointed. My utility bills are not due next week.

brian54

« Reply #16 on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:20:05 AM »
followed by his TV Licence

My TV licence is not due till the end of November.

fortyone

« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2017, 10:20:35 AM »
I'm keeping my legs crossed in eager anticipation :)

Phil

« Reply #18 on: Oct 23, 2017, 10:39:59 AM »
We each have a sim-only rolling monthly contract.

Mine is £10 pm & my wife's is £6 pm.

We both only use a fraction of our allowances, especially me as we only get a weak 2g signal so I hardly use any data.

Our dual-fuel bill for 13th Sept to the 12th Oct was £50.89p.

Our highest bill since we switched in Dec 2015 was for the 13th Jan to the 12th Feb 2017 & was £88.95.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

fortyone

« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2017, 10:54:39 AM »
Hmmm...
Our combined phone bills are less than yours. Wife's £7 Mine £5 (pricematch on Plusnet offer)
I don't have a bill for that specific period but we weren't home for most of the time so it would have been less.

Seems that yours is bigger than mine sir - maybe because you use it more?

Phil

« Reply #20 on: Oct 23, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »
Hmmm...
Our combined phone bills are less than yours. Wife's £7 Mine £5 (pricematch on Plusnet offer)
I don't have a bill for that specific period but we weren't home for most of the time so it would have been less.

Seems that yours is bigger than mine sir - maybe because you use it more?

We're with Plusnet.

I have unlimited calls & texts plus 4gb of data per month.

My wife's rolling contract was with Life Mobile before they were bought out by Plusnet but we can also use the landline to phone mobiles.

I keep it on the basis that I might need the data function on the rare occasions that I'm away from home.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

fortyone

« Reply #21 on: Oct 23, 2017, 12:58:48 PM »
I don't use the landline itself but as my wife likes it we have Vonage VOIP on it. That's left over from when I had cable and their phone costs were high as were any options such as caller ID. This is very handy as it rings my mobile through an app and means I can still get calls to it when away from home.

My wife's phone has been on talkmobile for ages and I really should look at alternatives. She has an old Nokia and won't upgrade so uses no data. When I'm out and about its in Norfolk which means I really don't need much data and the plan just has 1GB. Back home it's either my WiFi or in town there are loads of free WiFi APs.