Author Topic: Life At The Limit by Jenson Button  (Read 314 times)

StephenM123

Life At The Limit by Jenson Button
« on: Oct 21, 2017, 09:23:30 AM »

I see Jenson has launched a new autobiography using the same title as Graham Hill a few decades ago. I find most sportsmen's ones as dull as dishwater as often outside their chosen sport they have not done that much. The only F1 ones I have enjoyed were James Hunt, Graham Hill and Ayrton Senna. Graham Hill achieved rather more than Jenson as he won two F1 titles, Le Mans and the Indy 500.

Yesterday I spent most of the day at the local hospital (waiting nearly two hours for a blood test and takins a friend to an appointment in the afternoon). While there I picked yup the previous day's paper and it featured Jenson saying Sir Richard Branson had touched his girlfriend's face whilst drunk. This comes over as cheap publicity for his new book as it was mentioned at the end of the article. If he was that concerned why did he not warn RB off at the time or if that did not work smack him one to drive it home! We should mention that Virgin was one of his team's sponsors! Yes it was a long day with Jeremy Kyle o the television in the morning (where do they find those ugly, stupid morons called guests?) and apart from the day old newspaper magazines like Hello!

Ashy

Re: Life At The Limit by Jenson Button
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2017, 09:41:51 AM »
He should stick to making pickle.

crabbyob

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2017, 10:12:51 AM »
i thought Jenson made cars?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Traveller

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2017, 11:33:32 AM »
If you want a good sporting autobiography,  I recommend "Guy Martin, my autobiography".
You'll have had your tea.

StephenM123

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2017, 08:00:21 PM »

If you want a good sporting autobiography,  I recommend "Guy Martin, my autobiography".

On your head be it! I will give it a go. I was brought another book of his as a present fortunately - it was "When You Are Dead, You Are Dead". Sadly it was a kind of "What Guy Martin Did Next". Quite dull!

StephenM123

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2017, 08:06:51 PM »

i thought Jenson made cars?

That was Jensen! I ran a Jensen Interceptor FF for about a year around thirty years ago. It was an expensive exercise; insurance was an arm and a leg, it rarely achieved 10mpg and, an exhaust and some suspension repairs made my eyes water!  :'( However, it was great fun and full of character. The huge V8 had a wall of torque. Other expensive cars I have run for similar periods are a Silver Shadow. I only lost £500 on it but sold it as there were a lot of serious bodywork issues looming!,

crabbyob

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »
i had a mate with a Jensen up on bricks, he said it was an investment
no his name was not Brian
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Phil

« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2017, 12:04:32 PM »
Yes it was a long day with Jeremy Kyle on the television in the morning (where do they find those ugly, stupid morons called guests?) and apart from the day old newspaper magazines like Hello!

He gets their contact details from the producers of Benefits Britain.

Guy Martin lives just a few miles from me.

He works in his family business doing HGV repairs & unlike most sports people he isn't up his own arse.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin