Author Topic: Boys toys  (Read 6885 times)

Coastal

Re: Boys toys
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2018, 11:10:22 PM »
If it's a gadget that responds to voice command, I presume the name has to be distinctive so it can be easily recognised, like Cortana, Siri, Alexa etc.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

zoony

« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »
My gadget? No, I just highlight the google mic and talk. No names, no pack drill.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Coastal

« Reply #17 on: Oct 11, 2018, 09:31:10 AM »
That's more than I use then, my laptop mic is disabled as is the webcam (which is covered over)

fortyone

« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2018, 11:43:15 AM »
I haven't bothered covering my laptop webcam. I just make sure I am covered when using it.

crabbyob

« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2018, 12:28:47 PM »
WHAT!!!!
wheres me bra
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

fortyone

« Reply #20 on: Oct 23, 2018, 12:51:35 PM »
Can't you buy another in Goa crabby or don't they allow that dressing up stuff there?

crabbyob

« Reply #21 on: Oct 23, 2018, 12:53:17 PM »
i normally go topless and make the Russian women jealous
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Yellowbird

« Reply #22 on: Oct 23, 2018, 02:47:51 PM »
I use Tidal to listen to music streaming it almost always finds the music I want. I love boys toys and Ron is shortly buying me a new Xbox for my Birthday  so I can continue to play ‘Tombraider’  bit sad I suppose but great
Fun

Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Coastal

« Reply #23 on: Oct 23, 2018, 11:28:29 PM »
I've got an XBox but I've only ever bought three games, but I couldn't get the hang of one of them, so now I've only got the two, it's very good for playing DVDs though.

crabbyob

« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2018, 06:08:12 AM »
i'm not a 'gamer' tho the following generations are, but they have to be able to sit to play... the only time i got to sit was between rounds as a youth boxing, but i still play, golf and fishing, tho i didnt manage fishing this year i still bought my licence just in case... i sorted my tackle out one rainy day, but it never got used... one of the big pluses of fishing is the anticipation, sorting your tackle for all eventualities... in the bad old days you could blank quite often but today with the commercial fisheries you might catch and release 200lb of carp...

Coastal

« Reply #25 on: Oct 24, 2018, 09:49:30 AM »
I went fishing once in the early 70s and it was really boring, but it was in a Birmingham reservoir so not a very scenic location, I haven't been since mainly due to the fact there is no way I could handle a maggot or a live fish  ;D

The nearest I have to a boys toy is my camera which usually goes where I go  ::)

Diasi

« Reply #26 on: Oct 24, 2018, 10:06:43 AM »
I went fishing once in the early 70s and it was really boring, but it was in a Birmingham reservoir so not a very scenic location, I haven't been since mainly due to the fact there is no way I could handle a maggot or a live fish  ;D

The nearest I have to a boys toy is my camera which usually goes where I go  ::)

I've never fished as I can't see any justification for sticking a barbed hook into another living creature.

'Boys toys' is a disparaging sexist inference that only males use them but there must be females who have an XBox etc.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #27 on: Nov 06, 2018, 08:50:17 AM »
was that a barbed reprimand????? :o
keep up old chap, barbed hooks were banned quite some time ago
and if your not a veggie i suggest you visit a slaughter-house before reprimanding anyone about anything.. ;D

fortyone

« Reply #28 on: Nov 06, 2018, 09:28:02 AM »
Are those crappy shot that replaced lead any better these days crabby or are your fishing days over now?

Diasi

« Reply #29 on: Nov 06, 2018, 09:30:00 AM »
I've never fished as I can't see any justification for sticking a barbed hook into another living creature.

'Boys toys' is a disparaging sexist inference that only males use them but there must be females who have an XBox etc.

was that a barbed reprimand? ??? ? :o
keep up old chap, barbed hooks were banned quite some time ago
and if your not a veggie i suggest you visit a slaughter-house before reprimanding anyone about anything.. ;D

I eat fish but I've never fished as I would hurt anything for fun, just as I eat meat but wouldn't go hunting for fun. The fact that I can't see any justification for it doesn't meant that everyone won't.

The bit about the 'boys toys' was not intended to be serious, apart from the bit about females having an Xbox.  ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)