Author Topic: bears or dolls,  (Read 563 times)

Alfred

bears or dolls,
« on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:31:58 PM »

When i was very young i had a brand new knitted teddy bear, and it went everywhere i went ,back and forth to bed . even to the loo and sat with me when i had my dinner or tea, well over time the eyes at different times fell out and was sewn back in one eye brown, and one blue, that was all my mother had in the way of buttons, and both buttons weren't  even  the same size,

later the head fell of and was again sewn on it looked a little like  a Frankenstein bear stitch marks all around its neck ,  as over time due to being on occasions washed and then the  wool got thinner even the stuffing began to protrude in many different places, and if it could have spoken im sure it would have said  enough is enough ,

but i held onto that bear as long as possible until its legs separated . one eye fell out,   the head went lopsided, and the bear looked a sorry state  and it couldn't even wave any more ,as one arm drooped and was longer than the other arm, some where along the way it finally disappeared ,(most likely thrown out by mother it had seen better days )

but its strange how we remember those things all that time ago , and at times i couldn't remember what i did the other day, ......................................old age i suppose,  my wife had dolls which had a longer existence , even today she one or two in the loft, as does my daughter,