Author Topic: My Little Pal  (Read 496 times)

Hugh

My Little Pal
« on: Nov 22, 2017, 08:56:38 AM »
Came to us for an holiday over a year ago and never went home. She was a little terror and would attack any dog. We were doing my nephew a favour because they could not have Roxy ( his step daughters bitch ) because they had a dog. I have had dogs most of my life and just felt this was not natural behaviour. I took a calculated risk and opened the gate between our gardens and let both dogs run free. Rather than the expected dog fight they started playing together. When the owner returned off holiday they were shocked to say the least, seeing little Roxy playing with Harvey. They asked if we would like to keep her and thats how my little pal came into my life.

GrannyMac

Re: My Little Pal
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2017, 09:04:47 AM »
She's lovely Hugh.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Hugh

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »
That's her lets go for a walk look GM. She is never more than 2 yards a way from me.

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2017, 12:27:07 PM »

The only pal a man needs..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2017, 12:37:14 PM »
Aah how sweet.

minniemouse

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2017, 01:45:39 PM »
I want one.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Hugh

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2017, 04:04:17 PM »
Surprisingly I am her fourth owner in her 4 year life. She had not been allowed to mix with other dogs off the lead and ended up being a very antisocial animal. It took me weeks to get her really cured of this behaviour. Other dog owners use to cross the road to a void us. I got over this problem by picking Roxy up under my arm and crossing the road to the dog and its owner. Asked permission, gave the strange dog a treat, and then lowered Roxy down to smell and say hello. Roxy soon got to know these animals, were friends. All these strange dogs have good memories and come running up to me for a treat each time our paths cross.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Never far away

Bee

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2017, 04:07:16 PM »
Beautiful dog Hugh. :)
The only way is up....

Hugh

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2017, 04:27:06 PM »
Any dog can become a good friend Minniemouse they are all wonderful in there own right.

She as a very cheeky face also very cheeky Bee. When she goes next door she watches which toy the much larger dog a staffy wants to play with, and then takes it off him. The Staffy really fond of her so she can do no wrong.

I have a computer problem, and my posts some times appear several hours after posting, please bear with me on that one.

Alex22

« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »
She's lovely Hugh, how old is she  ?

Hugh

« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »
Hi Alex22 around 5 years I understand. I was told she was 4 when she came for the holiday. She really is a treasure and me being her fourth owner is unbelievable.

Bee

« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »
I can imagine her being cheeky Hugh. :)
The only way is up....

Hugh

« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2017, 04:29:51 AM »
Yes Bee she is very cheeky and always seems to have one eye open to ensure I don't sneak off and leave her. Have a look at earlier pic to see what I mean.

Scrumpy

« Reply #13 on: Nov 23, 2017, 07:32:11 PM »
She knows she's picked a good 'un.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.