Author Topic: Air Products pension scheme  (Read 9195 times)

Bovverboy

Re: Air Products pension scheme
« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2017, 10:25:04 PM »
 I have seen HMRC evidence that I had paid all of my NI contributions as far back as 1959 when I left school and started work. However, companies such as Air Products appear not to keep employee records that far back.

brian54

« Reply #31 on: Dec 07, 2017, 12:25:07 PM »
The company my wife worked for seemed a bit disappointed I had all her pension letters and I provided copies.
They said they would need the original letters so they could investigate.
They even asked if I was sure of her starting date. I was. I had known her since she was 11.
She had paid some AVC'S and made bonus sacrifices and took the option to have half of the extra pension payable to me if she passed away. The company did say that option no longer existed. The rules had changed after my wife's death.
In the end I got a solicitor involved and it sprung the company in to action and the pension was agreed.
In my case my AVC'S and bonus sacrifices had been forgotten. I could not understand that as I only stopped AVC payments 9 months before as I was advised no extra pension would be payable.
Another thing. It said the widows pension would be payable from when my wife would have been 60. They tried to pay it from when I was 60. I was 6 months younger than her.

Bovverboy

« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2017, 05:27:45 PM »

get tooled up mate find a lawyer who does this work, there are plenty about
but a visit to Age Concern might suffice

I regard the Air Products pension scheme as a scam that had been perpetrated against me more than 50-years-ago. The employment of a lawyer would manifest as nothing but further expense.

crabbyob

« Reply #33 on: Dec 15, 2017, 04:39:57 AM »
there are no win no fee lawyers, given your evidence, i think you should phone around, its got to be worth a phone call, which part of the world are you in?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

brian54

« Reply #34 on: Dec 15, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »
I think a solicitor's letter could kick them in to action. A man I know was told he must have drawn out his contributions when he left. It turned out his record was put on to the computer system about 12 years after he left. His national insurance number name and birth date had been input wrong.