Author Topic: Foot Ball  (Read 90 times)

Hugh

Foot Ball
« on: Dec 06, 2017, 01:15:40 PM »
When a group of men get together you can bet your bottom dollar that the very boring subject footy will arise. Even at the golf club where the subject you expect to be talked about was golf, no footy is always the main topic. My only interest in this topic is how well Leicester City and Nottingham Forest are doing as I use to support them both as a young man. Not watched a match in quite some time.
A very interesting point was raised, when we leave the EU will they bring back the rule, only 3 imported players per team be allowed. Just what will happen to our top teams with 90% of the team being very expensive imports ???????

Alex22

Re: Foot Ball
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »
"When a group of men get together you can bet your bottom dollar that the very boring subject footy will arise."   Obviously the men chatting don't see the topic as boring Hugh.  :)   

I was under the impression stopping freedom of movement was intended to allow only EU citizens with skills to come here.  There are plenty of skilled EU citizens in the premier league at the moment and I can't see that changing - too much money involved.

Phil

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »
When a group of men get together you can bet your bottom dollar that the very boring subject footy will arise. Even at the golf club where the subject you expect to be talked about was golf, no footy is always the main topic.

Golf clubs must be places for a really good varied conversation.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.

Paraphrased from George Carlin

minniemouse

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2017, 06:04:00 PM »
Golf clubs must be places for a really good varied conversation.  ;D

What? No Coronation  Street?  I'm not joining then.
I asked my North Korean friend how it was there, he said he couldn't complain.

crabbyob

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2017, 03:52:02 AM »
at the club where i play the old guys are called the wrinklies
not me of course, all my wrinkles are filled in
one memory is worth a thousand dreams

Hugh

« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »
No minniemouse that subject will be for the lady golfers to talk about.