Author Topic: UK Pensions - Worst in the Developed World.  (Read 13570 times)

Traveller

Re: UK Pensions - Worst in the Developed World.
« Reply #30 on: Jan 18, 2018, 07:31:55 PM »
Well U-P, I'm quite happy if you have some first hand, or at least, trustworthy evidence.  I can only say that from various conversations I've had and programmes I've seen,  what starts off as a good idea, often seems to turn sour.

Anyway, this doesn't really address the problem of Britain's pensions being , if not the worst, certainly not being great.
You'll have had your tea.

brian54

« Reply #31 on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:19:57 PM »

As far as I am concerned the state pension should be basic and paid regardless of a person's other income.
All other income should come from extra contributions to the state scheme or from private / occupational pensions.
I know some people who never saved for a pension or made other provision for retirement so they should get nothing extra even if they starve or are homeless.

Akbuk

« Reply #32 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:15:16 PM »

As far as I am concerned the state pension should be basic and paid regardless of a person's other income.
All other income should come from extra contributions to the state scheme or from private / occupational pensions.
I know some people who never saved for a pension or made other provision for retirement so they should get nothing extra even if they starve or are homeless.

So how does that fit with foreign aid? Paid nothing into our system, never saved a dime but gets billions in assistance.
I’m a real he/him.

Ashy

« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:29:49 PM »
Ok put me down as a foreigner.

crabbyob

« Reply #34 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:17:45 AM »
India is now acknowledged as a world super-power, it is a nuclear power and has a very successful space programme, and is also a recipient of our foreign aid... if we wrote it as a story it could never get published, because it is a ridiculous unbelievable storyline
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Akbuk

« Reply #35 on: Jan 24, 2018, 01:34:34 PM »
Cant help but think at times.......MugsRus.
There must be some method in our madness to dish out monies to these far off lands, we never see what improvements our monies have made. Well we do but what we have paid in does not seem to reflect what's been done with it.
I’m a real he/him.

sueboo

« Reply #36 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:49:27 PM »
Having paid full stamp and always worked quite happy with my pension. :D
I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

brian54

« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:59:53 AM »
Having paid full stamp and always worked quite happy with my pension. :D
I am happy with my pensions overall.
I do find it annoying when people I worked with who joined the company at the same time said I was an idiot joining the pension scheme. They are now complaining that the money in the pension fund should be divided amongst all of the ex employees and people who have not paid in should benefit equally.

Alex22

« Reply #38 on: Jan 25, 2018, 03:09:03 PM »

I do find it annoying when people I worked with who joined the company at the same time said I was an idiot joining the pension scheme. They are now complaining that the money in the pension fund should be divided amongst all of the ex employees and people who have not paid in should benefit equally.

Emmy

« Reply #39 on: Jan 25, 2018, 06:08:24 PM »
Alex,not very kind,but I think most of us agree with you.

Alex22

« Reply #40 on: Jan 25, 2018, 08:07:28 PM »
Alex,not very kind,but I think most of us agree with you.

This is very much tongue in cheek Emmy, the site would be a lot quieter without Brian.  ;)

Floydian

« Reply #41 on: Jan 25, 2018, 08:33:18 PM »
India is now acknowledged as a world super-power, it is a nuclear power and has a very successful space programme, and is also a recipient of our foreign aid... if we wrote it as a story it could never get published, because it is a ridiculous unbelievable storyline
Dont get me going on this one...  Did you know they have designated pooing streets? I s##t you not. And they still float their dead down the Ganges amongst all the untreated raw sewage. No wonder they're always disease ridden then holding their grimy hands out to the west (aka you and me) for aid handouts....
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

zoony

« Reply #42 on: Jan 25, 2018, 08:49:08 PM »
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

minniemouse

« Reply #43 on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:16:00 PM »
Dont get me going on this one...  Did you know they have designated pooing streets? I s##t you not. And they still float their dead down the Ganges amongst all the untreated raw sewage. No wonder they're always disease ridden then holding their grimy hands out to the west (aka you and me) for aid handouts....
......and we used to paddle/swim in it here and probably still do  :-\
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

crabbyob

« Reply #44 on: Jan 26, 2018, 05:59:36 AM »
dont hold back floyd tell us how you really feel
then check out you local health service
about 50% of them come from that hell hole to serve you and me
now i havent been to the ganges but i think you will find that the Hindu people
burn their dead [as we do] then they scatter the ashes on the river...
what do we do with our ashes mate??????

P.S. as you are a newby i should tell you i am alive and well in that disease ridden place
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”