Author Topic: travel getting expensive  (Read 988 times)

caminito

travel getting expensive
« on: Mar 02, 2011, 12:04:22 AM »
Oil is currently around $110 a barrel, but yesterday Nick Reilly, president of General Motors Europe and chief executive of Vauxhall-Opel, predicted that it could soar to $170 within the next two years.
That could see petrol prices rising by up to 30p a litre, or an extra £1.36 a gallon.
At the Geneva Motor show yesterday, Mr Reilly said that even without a crisis cutting off supplies, the oil price could rise within two years to between $120 and $130 as the global economy recovers and drives up demand for fuel. This alone would see pump prices rise by up to 10p a litre or 45p a gallon.

Thomas Cook say the cost of jet fuel has gone up 40 per cent in a YEAR
Holiday expert Rochelle Turner, of Which? Travel, said: ‘In recent years, people have become used to taking two or three foreign breaks a year, but I think that is coming to an end. We may well see a return to just one fortnight overseas.

Chrisjay

Re: travel getting expensive
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »
I can't afford to go for a Sunday drive now let alone get on a plane

Where did I hear "things can only get better"?

Hugh

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2011, 04:00:56 PM »
To think when I was 15  you could get 4 gallons of petrol for a pound. Never was a good idea to changing from gallons to litres because the price of petrol as really leap up in price since.

If flight prices get to expensive I will take less holidays, but stay longer.

Chrisjay

« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »
If things keep going as they are here I shall go on holiday and never come back!

Hugh

« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2011, 05:35:40 PM »
Can not fault you there.

avalonmpk2

« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:23:51 AM »
Politely: as Norman would say 'On yer Bike' its healthy and great fun, once I get over the wobbles I really do enjoy it but these days I'm pushing more than pedalling especially up over the Cotswolds! BUT IT DOES GIVE YOU A HEALTHY APPITITE
Stone walls do not a prison make nor iron bars a cage.
Richard Lovelace
DO NOT FORGET TO LOG OFF - REMOVE COOKIES