Author Topic: using your loaf.  (Read 1212 times)

Alfred

using your loaf.
« on: Jan 09, 2018, 08:48:28 AM »

Many of us like bread in its many forms ,even later even as toast, how ever i like a nice seedy bloomer, and cut fresh with a salad and slices of ham even chicken is great,

Q;  what bread do you like and what is your favourite sandwich,

Scrumpy

Re: using your loaf.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2018, 08:59:08 AM »

Fresh uncut bread.. Brown or white.. no seeds.   Egg and mayonnaise... chip butty.

I had a cut loaf once and after a couple of days I began to notice the taste had changed and it smelled of chemicals.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

sparky

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2018, 09:09:14 AM »

Q;  what bread do you like and what is your favourite sandwich

Proper bread, sold by a decent small baker, filled with prawns, a whisker of pepper and vinegar, and  a lettuce leaf.

minniemouse

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2018, 10:11:19 AM »
Hovis wholemeal. Butter, Layer of cheese, layer of pickled onions, layer of crisps.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Traveller

« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2018, 10:35:43 AM »
We have a Panasonic breadmaker and make our own bread every couple of days.  I do quite like some of the Tesco loaves - Three cheese, olive etc..   Favourite filling - ham, cheese & tomato.
You'll have had your tea.

Alex22

« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:45:47 AM »
Aldi Malted Bloomer loaf makes great toast  ! 

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:47:37 PM »
I like basic white bread.

Johned

« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2018, 02:35:04 PM »
Very many years ago whilst in the army, we had an RAOC field bakery attached to our unit on an exercise.  Their bread fresh from the oven, looked, tasted and smelt fantastic, the best I have ever had.

prestbury

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2018, 11:16:35 PM »
Fresh uncut bread.. Brown or white
Or fresh uncut bread, sliced to your requirements by the baker on his (or hers)magic machine.

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2018, 02:28:03 AM »
Which doesn't taste right toasted. I tend to buy breads for my needs, ie. If I make pasta I tend to buy a small baton of baguette, for normal toasting, a thick cut Warburton's loaf (small), chip butties need normal white bread (what my dad called 'cloth bread' but he'd been a baker at some point in his life, bless him), as does a proper bacon buttie, and the bakery loaves for a special occasion. Does that make me weird?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2018, 06:24:48 AM »
Not weird at all z, we like different bread. Fresh rolls from a local baker if we're having bacon sandwiches, small white sliced loaf for daily use, seeded batch or baguette in the summer with salads. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Tessywizz

« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2018, 06:04:23 PM »
When i had my shop there was also a bakers and a chip shop close by. A favorite with the school kids at dinner time was to buy a fresh bloomer type loaf, cut it in half between two of them, scoop out the middle, then go to the chip shop and fill it with curry and chips.
Not the healthiest of lunches i wouldn't have thought and all the soft middle usually ended up all over the pavements for people to walk in.