Author Topic: Why keep paying.  (Read 1010 times)

ronyork

Why keep paying.
« on: Jan 18, 2018, 01:20:13 PM »
We keep paying for various costly items to keep  immigrants from our borders, i.e. border fencing, does France help or  pay for such security along the borders of France with other  countries to keep this riff/raff out. Surely it,s a French  problem before ours.

xetog

Re: Why keep paying.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2018, 04:11:51 PM »

Put the boot on the other foot ronyork.  If we had loads of people we didn't want trying to get to France.  Would we want to stop them and would we want France to pay the bill for preventing them crossing the channel?

Mike. 8)
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2018, 04:24:17 PM »
If the strategy is successful then the money is well spent, but there is an argument that says France has the duty of returning invaders who have no business in France, and, as we are still members of the eu, I suspect that the invaders have no business anywhere in the eu so all the states that have let them in or allowed them to pass through should be liable.

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2018, 04:25:34 PM »
The French police stop some of the economic migrants getting on lorries and into the tunnel - then they release them, how is that solving the problem  ?   

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2018, 04:28:25 PM »
It is becoming known as vested perpetuation, in that they have an interest in keeping the problem going. Nice little earner for France.

xetog

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2018, 04:31:09 PM »

What are they supposed to do with them Alex? No country they have been through is willing to take them back, even the country they originally came from.  They number in their hundreds of thousands and have been sold the idea that Britain is a utopia.

Mike. 8)

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2018, 04:39:10 PM »
They should be sent back to their country of origin and if that country refuses to accept them, then we stop the hand outs - simples  ;D   for hand outs insert 'overseas aid'

GrannyMac

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2018, 06:03:00 PM »
Their country of origin is often in question, and without a passport they won't be admitted anyway. Hence them trying to get to the UK illegally.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ashy

« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2018, 06:20:58 PM »
Well then they can get into their own country illegally if suitable persuaded.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2018, 06:26:34 PM »
Whilst I accept a good number of the points made above, especially Ashy's comment ...
It worth pointing out that a good number of European Countries are awash with illegals - and nobody is doing a thing to prevent the explosion.
If you really need a feel for real-life Paris, and Europe's problems with immigration in general, I recommend BBC4 Spiral - a French Language Cops Drama, in its sixth series and everyone worth watching.  It is truly scary to realise what is going on - because you see the same thing on Nordic Drama too.
Forking out £44 million, taking in 100 22 year-old Moroccans who claim they are 14 years old, is just good politics, soft-soap to Macron and the French, and anything to keep a border presence in Calais and prevent wholesale illegal immigration.

Alex22

« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2018, 12:29:47 AM »
Tent villages in the Paris suburbs are a reality, but last year I saw tents pitched on the banks of the Spee where there was a wonderful view of the Bundestag building.  I wondered at the time if mutti had spotted them from her window. ;D

I too watch Spiral BP it's a smashing drama.   I've waited so long for Laure and Gilou to be romantically involved ..... at last  :)

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2018, 01:01:48 AM »
Latest estimates, since the Jungle was cleared, are 5-800, that's hundred not thousands, of immigrants still living in Calais. Make of it what you will but it's eased the pressure this side considerably. Trying to repatriate people back to where they'll either be killed or endure terrible hardships is neither the moral or legal way to change things. I'm just glad there are people actually working on it rather than carping and decrying from the sidelines. There are no easy solutions to such a crisis, and it takes more than money and platitudes to find a solution. I thought we'd left " Go back to where you belong!" Long ago...I guess not.  It seems TV dramas are much more in touch with the reality..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

granny moss

« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:12:36 AM »
Yes Zooni. When they get in to England, that is where their problems begin. Terrible places to sleep on floors packed like sardines. No money or any legal documents because they are turned into slaves.....by fear and not understanding the language...and so on and on....It must be a living nightmare for those mal informed poor human beings.....They have NOTHING only fear and dreadful living conditions.
They need help. gmx

sparky

« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2018, 08:31:49 AM »
zoony, are you really suggesting that all those in France trying to worm their way into the UK, are fleeing for their lives from their own countries, as I have said before, if they are GENUINE asylum seekers, why are they in France in the first place, and have seen fit not to claim asylum in the safe countries they would have passed through.

xetog

« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:15:35 AM »

I think GM & sparky hit the spot. Asylum seekers in the UK will have come through safe nations to get here, but have been told by traffickers that our streets are paved with gold.  In reality in allowing them to set up here, we condemn them to a life of slavery and hardship.  Surely this is the most objectionable form of racism?  Talking to some young Americans recently on holiday, they seemed quite happy to be in higher education whilst thousands of Mexicans filled the menial posts they did not want to take.  When I told them that I thought that equated to slavery and racism, they just said "So what?"  This is the direction we are headed.

Mike. 8)