Author Topic: Why keep paying.  (Read 1004 times)

sparky

Re: Why keep paying.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:45:26 AM »

A slightly related story in todays Mail, illustrating what a soft touch this country is, obviously beefed up to boost its impact, but I assume its basically fact.

A convicted terrorist " Fowzi  Nejad " given a long prison sentence, and having now been released, cannot be deported because of his human rights, which is bad enough, but he has been given a council flat, and Is living on benefits, what lunacy.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:40:13 AM »
Latest estimates, since the Jungle was cleared, are 5-800, that's hundred not thousands, of immigrants still living in Calais. Make of it what you will but it's eased the pressure this side considerably. Trying to repatriate people back to where they'll either be killed or endure terrible hardships is neither the moral or legal way to change things. I'm just glad there are people actually working on it rather than carping and decrying from the sidelines. There are no easy solutions to such a crisis, and it takes more than money and platitudes to find a solution. I thought we'd left " Go back to where you belong!" Long ago...I guess not.  It seems TV dramas are much more in touch with the reality..
Zoony,
The biggest success was us agreeing to take 3000 of the illegals when the camps were demolished, but the net figure taken in was about 200 - so hats off to Theresa there, and the mainstream media, of course, showing middle-aged men claiming they were 14.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:46:20 AM »
I've waited so long for Laure and Gilou to be romantically involved ..... at last  :)
Alex,
I'd be telling my daughter to give Gilou a wide berth - getting involved with a light-fingered cop is never a good idea.  Still it adds to wonderful drama.

Alex22

« Reply #18 on: Jan 19, 2018, 11:02:29 AM »

I thought we'd left " Go back to where you belong!" Long ago...I guess not.  It seems TV dramas are much more in touch with the reality..

Zoony I made a point of saying economic migrants.  They should go back to their own countries and take the legal way for entry to UK.    As for those in fear of their lives, of course they should be helped.

Alex22

« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2018, 11:04:19 AM »
Alex,
I'd be telling my daughter to give Gilou a wide berth - getting involved with a light-fingered cop is never a good idea.  Still it adds to wonderful drama.

You'd be right of course BP, but women often go for the 'bad boys'  and 30 years ago - no make that 40 years, I wouldn't have kicked him out of bed !  ;D

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #20 on: Jan 19, 2018, 11:15:23 AM »
You'd be right of course BP, but women often go for the 'bad boys'  and 30 years ago - no make that 40 years, I wouldn't have kicked him out of bed !  ;D
Alex,
Are your carnal needs not as great now as they were 30 or 40 years ago - I suggest you keep that option open, you just never know what might come your way.
A win-win situation for you I'd guess, you'd get to have the fun, and wouldn't really care if the person you'd had the fun with finished up in jail - the jail bit being something you might have worried about 30 or 40 years previously.

Alex22

« Reply #21 on: Jan 19, 2018, 11:28:42 AM »
Alex,
Are your carnal needs not as great now as they were 30 or 40 years ago - I suggest you keep that option open, you just never know what might come your way.

Sacre bleu  !   ;D ;D

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #22 on: Jan 19, 2018, 11:55:24 AM »

Just to have a lighter look away from all the scary words about none facts - enjoy!

The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

xetog

« Reply #23 on: Jan 19, 2018, 12:34:40 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Mike. 8)
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.