Author Topic: Time For A Second Referendum!  (Read 11882 times)

fortyone

Re: Time For A Second Referendum!
« Reply #150 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:46:20 AM »
Ah but do you have any proof that letting in the equivalent of a medium sized town each year has any effect on the need for homes? You never hear any mention of mass inward migration when the BBC discuss the housing crisis so surely the two can't be linked? Similarly with school places, NHS problems, etc. etc.

Johned

« Reply #151 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:03:04 PM »
Some years ago in Peterborough there was a number of immigrant workers outside the General Post Office being harangued and threatened with violence by a hefty thug who I took to be their erstwhile gangmaster.  He was a nasty looking brute with a new Range Rover parked nearby.  His argument with them was they owed him money he had loaned them and he wanted repaying from the government handout they received weekly via the GPO to help with their subsistence costs.  I was tempted to call the police but chickened out, not wanting to get involved which, I admit, was cowardly of me.

Scrumpy

« Reply #152 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:30:30 PM »
Johned . Not at all cowardly of you .. Who knows , the gangmaster might have put you in irons and started you on a chain gang.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

StephenM123

« Reply #153 on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:51:59 PM »
Definitely not cowardly. There are some people it is more sensible not to cross if you do not want to end up in hospital or worse. I have been told that locals who are willing to work n farms in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire cannot get a look in because of these vermin!

crabbyob

« Reply #154 on: Feb 22, 2018, 03:03:56 AM »
and our poor farmer just sit back rubbing their hands
getting folks working for a pittance
they whinge they cant get workers, and so employ these beasts, who rule by fist and boot
where are the coppers now, the government should be looking at this practice and banning it never mind selling licences to these scum, and the farmers who use them should be in the next cell
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Phil

« Reply #155 on: Feb 22, 2018, 08:16:45 AM »
Some years ago in Peterborough there was a number of immigrant workers outside the General Post Office being harangued and threatened with violence by a hefty thug who I took to be their erstwhile gangmaster.  He was a nasty looking brute with a new Range Rover parked nearby.  His argument with them was they owed him money he had loaned them and he wanted repaying from the government handout they received weekly via the GPO to help with their subsistence costs.  I was tempted to call the police but chickened out, not wanting to get involved which, I admit, was cowardly of me.

I knew most of the gangmasters in the Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire areas & they were always ok with me.

After a couple had been taught what to expect if they weren't.

I never had the pleasure of dealing with any Eastern EU gangmasters but I reckon they'd have been 'sortable' back in the day.

Probably not now with all the human rights & political correctness.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

StephenM123

« Reply #156 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »

I never had the pleasure of dealing with any Eastern EU gangmasters but I reckon they'd have been 'sortable' back in the day.

Probably not now with all the human rights & political correctness.

Totally agree. When I was youngster we had a local constable who cycled around the patch. For the time he was quite tall (over 6 foot). Whilst he could be a hard man he was quite pleasant as long as people understood his word was law.

About ten years ago I saw some youths riding a moped illegally. A policeman told them to turn off the engine and push it home. He then got a load of lip and said "turn the effing thing off and push it home now or". They complied but a few days later I heard that some woman had out in a formal complaint about the policeman's behaviour!

StephenM123

« Reply #157 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:38:39 PM »
Tony Blair is in favour of a second referendum. So that's alright then!   :) ;D ;)

GrannyMac

« Reply #158 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:41:34 PM »
A good reason for NOT holding one !
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Phil

« Reply #159 on: Feb 25, 2018, 10:15:52 PM »
Tony Blair is in favour of a second referendum. So that's alright then!   :) ;D ;)

Tony Blair has a textbook psychopathic personality.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

fortyone

« Reply #160 on: Feb 25, 2018, 10:44:38 PM »
With Labour now deciding we should stay in a customs union (but not specifying exactly what they mean by that) it may be that we'll need another referendum to actually get what was voted for in the first.

Here is an extract from that (arguably illegal) government pamphlet we all got...
A once in a generation decision
The referendum on Thursday, 23rd June is your chance to decide if we should remain in or leave the European Union.
The Government believes it is in the best interests of the UK to remain in the EU.
This is the way to protect jobs, provide security, and strengthen the UK’s economy for every family in this country
– a clear path into the future, in contrast to the uncertainty of leaving.

This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/515068/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

zoony

« Reply #161 on: Feb 26, 2018, 02:13:43 AM »
It's a carousel of indecision and nobody knows anything. It doesn't matter who you quote or what they say..It means nowt. It's like chopping up clouds...We'll see, is the best we have...Perhaps we should save the discussions until somebody actually knows what we're discussing?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

granny moss

« Reply #162 on: Feb 26, 2018, 07:14:37 AM »
I am puzzled. After we had a Second Referendum, if the result is : Leave...Do we have another Referendum until the results are : Remain ?   Only asking. gmx

xetog

« Reply #163 on: Feb 26, 2018, 09:00:52 AM »

On TV this morning Barry Gardener (Labour mouthpiece) said what they meant by "a"  customs union.  And that was to keep us with identical trading arrangements (ie restrictive import tariffs), but without the influence of being an EU member.  In other words, the worst of all possible worlds.  We will hear more from flip-flop Corben today.

Mike. 8)
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Ashy

« Reply #164 on: Feb 26, 2018, 09:29:58 AM »
I am puzzled. After we had a Second Referendum, if the result is : Leave...Do we have another Referendum until the results are : Remain ?   Only asking. gmx

Of course.