Author Topic: Bye.  (Read 1373 times)

Scrumpy

Re: Bye.
« Reply #60 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:03:47 PM »

Hi Phil.. I hope your wife is feeling much better now..
I miss your funny comments and tried to keep on my toes when I posted.. just in case you picked me up . ;D

Fortyone. .. Is that you playing the fiddle.? Love to Yogi..
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

Alex22

« Reply #61 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:06:38 PM »
The wanderer returns eh  ?   ;D   

Phil

« Reply #62 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:37:31 PM »
Thanks zoony, Scrumpy & Alex.

I only posted to explain my absence but I will still post just on any 'help needed' topics so I'm still a member of PF.

Anyone with Virgin Mobile issues, after they sent out the new 'purple' sim cards, can check here for help, or ask on this forum.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/bd-p/OtherMobile

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.

Paraphrased from George Carlin

fortyone

« Reply #63 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:07:50 PM »
Fortyone. .. Is that you playing the fiddle.? Love to Yogi..
That's the man who sold me Yogi - he's always on the fiddle... :)

GrannyMac

« Reply #64 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:12:32 PM »
Thanks for the info, I'm pleased your wife is on the mend Phil.  I've always valued your factual knowledge (and some of our other discussions, even if we didn't agree). Its good to know you'll continue to help out on occasion.
'Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon, and wise too late'.

Coastal

« Reply #65 on: Feb 14, 2018, 12:55:43 AM »
It's very easy to offend someone with speech, there's what you say and how you say it (voice, manners and expression etc) but when you are writing or typing a comment or reply, it's all down to the wording, the reader can't see a smile  ;D  but smiley's can be very useful when knocking someone in fun.
And of course it's also down to the personality of the reader, what one takes as a joke, another could see as an insult even if it's not directed at them.
Let's face it, if you did mean to be horrible to someone (although I can't think why anyone would) you're hardly likely to put a or similar.
My Flickr Pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Optimism is the stuff that dreams are made of,
It's just reality that sucks 😰

zoony

« Reply #66 on: Feb 14, 2018, 01:46:47 AM »
I agree Coastal. Body language and small facial clues mean everything in a normal conversation. The eyes have it for me, the mouth not so much. The mixture of innocence and artifice on social media sites is a present and future danger as far as I can gather from what I read and hear about places like Facebook, Instagram and the places our kids go to when they gossip or target or are just innocents, doesn't bode that well for the future. In our day it was "Do you know where your children are?" These days parents have no idea at all...other than they're in their bedroom. IMO of course.
[email protected]

"Never give a lady a restive horse."

Alfred

« Reply #67 on: Feb 14, 2018, 08:07:40 AM »
Yes i too am pleased that phils wife is recovering, and for him it must have been a very worrying time, equally i too have noticed how helpful phil really is when it comes to computers, and it was nice to see some one like him, who cared about helping out others, especially when help was needed,

Scrumpy

« Reply #68 on: Feb 14, 2018, 08:14:47 AM »
and it was nice to see some one like him,

Who was THAT.!!!    I've learned a lot from you Phil. ;)
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

Phil

« Reply #69 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:44:16 AM »
Yes i too am pleased that phils wife is recovering, and for him it must have been a very worrying time, equally i too have noticed how helpful phil really is when it comes to computers, and it was nice to see some one like him, who cared about helping out others, especially when help was needed,

Hi Alfred, although my wife's 20 years younger than me, says he indiscreetly  ;D , her health has suffered from the range of abuse she took during her first marriage to her millionaire husband.

She's just changed to a new GP surgery which is an unusual one as there are only 4 doctors, of which 3 are white British males & the 4th is a white Spanish male.

Anyway the Spanish GP reckons the pain could be related to a lower spinal injury she sustained while doing something daft at university & which was made much worse by one of the things her ex-husband did to her, so we now at least have a very probable cause.

I'm still on the forum but not posting on anything political or on any thread that's set up with the intention or very real possibility of becoming confrontational.

All requests for help or advice will be answered if they're within my range of knowledge, no matter which PF member asks.

I don't hold grudges.

P.S. Scrumpy, I was going to say I could probably teach you a lot more, but I don't want to get into trouble with 'Me Too'.  :o :D ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 09:51:15 AM by Phil »
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.

Hugh

« Reply #70 on: Feb 14, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »
Hi Phil like you I avoid as much as as possible any thing that may course a confrontation. Had enough of that in the past its not worth the hassle, I will stick to boring every one with Golf ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Coastal

« Reply #71 on: Feb 14, 2018, 02:59:42 PM »
GOLF, don't get me started on golf ........... only joking, I've never played  ;D
My Flickr Pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Optimism is the stuff that dreams are made of,
It's just reality that sucks 😰

Hugh

« Reply #72 on: Feb 14, 2018, 03:47:43 PM »
Coastal do not know your age but golf is one of those sports which you can learn and enjoy at any age. I was mid seventies when I started, and I really enjoy mixing and playing with all age groups. With the new handicap level of 54 newbies can soon compete in competition. Depending on where you live club membership can be very expensive. I pay 450 for 7 day membership. For me that works out at 4 a game which last 4 hour.

Alfred

« Reply #73 on: Feb 14, 2018, 04:44:35 PM »

Hi Phil ,
like many of us, both you and your wife have had your share of problems ,and over come them, so that's good , and it shows how strong you both are, taking all that is thrown at you and beating it,
well you are both to be admired ,  well i wish you both all the best for a healthier , brighter future,
best wishes.

alfred,.

Phil

« Reply #74 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:26:11 PM »
Hi Phil ,
like many of us, both you and your wife have had your share of problems ,and over come them, so that's good , and it shows how strong you both are, taking all that is thrown at you and beating it,
well you are both to be admired ,  well i wish you both all the best for a healthier , brighter future,
best wishes.

alfred,.

Thanks again Alfred, I do tell her that forum members have passed their best wishes on to her & she says thank you as well.