Author Topic: LIBYA  (Read 2769 times)

avalonmpk2

Re: LIBYA
« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2011, 09:03:47 AM »
Would you all have the same views if it was your grandchildren coming through a funeral parade in Wootton Bassett?
Stone walls do not a prison make nor iron bars a cage.
Richard Lovelace
DO NOT FORGET TO LOG OFF - REMOVE COOKIES

Chrisjay

« Reply #16 on: Mar 20, 2011, 11:04:47 AM »
Then comes the 'human shield' which means a loss of civillian of life those we are meant to be protecting then comes ground troups

Seen it all before.  I think it is right we try to protect the people but wonder why we are so selective of those we try to protect.

At £300,000 a go for cruise missiles and they fired how many last night? Does make you wonder if we are as broke as we are led to believe?

avalonmpk2

« Reply #17 on: Mar 20, 2011, 02:28:33 PM »
You have grossly underestimated  the cost of producing and firring a cruise missile, I think you will find that it is at least twice that amount and then you have to factor in the MOD's super inefficiency!
Richard Lovelace

Chrisjay

« Reply #18 on: Mar 20, 2011, 02:59:39 PM »
I was only quoting the cost of the missile not the cost of the manpower and infrastructure.  So we really are not as broke as we think we are or are pensions going to stagnate again so we can pay for another war.

How come when we have no money we can suddenly re commission planes and find all the missiles?

Now if someone gets round to attacking us will we have any left?

And  what is happening about defending this country as Gaddaffi is just crazy enough to start attacking us?

Will the French and Americans leap to our defence - like they did when the Irish republic was attacking the mainland (and the US gave them money and sold them arms)?

I know the cynic is coming out again  ;D

avalonmpk2

« Reply #19 on: Mar 20, 2011, 10:21:37 PM »
The Irish Republic has never attacked Britain.
Richard Lovelace

Chrisjay

« Reply #20 on: Mar 20, 2011, 10:36:33 PM »
I was living in Dublin when Bobby Sands died and trust me the Republic crossed the border and entered the mainland to help carry out bombings and murders. 

Where do you think most of the Norths guns were kept in the South and the IRA crossed the border whenever it wanted both ways as it suited them.

We might not have had a declared war but we were nevertheless at war and the Republic certainly attacked mainland England.

avalonmpk2

« Reply #21 on: Mar 21, 2011, 08:52:02 AM »
The Irish Government nor the Irish army crossed the border like so many others you are believing press propaganda, those who crossed the border were part of a terrorist group mostly consisting of the Provo's who are not and never have been sanctioned by the Dial, I was working at an Irish printers at the time you mentioned.
Richard Lovelace

Chrisjay

« Reply #22 on: Mar 21, 2011, 02:16:38 PM »
not press propaganda as I had neighbours who were old IRA and I know what they got up to but lets move on with the topic as this is now old news  :)

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #23 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:53:20 PM »
Would you all have the same views if it was your grandchildren coming through a funeral parade in Wootton Bassett?

No I don't suppose we would however, the man is a despot and, like Sadam has murdered thousands of his fellow countrymen over the years just to enforce his position, and he has continued to do so in this uprising. He will do anything to stay in power. Let us also not forget the Lockerbie disaster, masterminded and carried out by this man.

To enforce a no-fly zone you have first to take out air defense systems, early warning systems and any other thing that could pose a threat to your own aircraft. That is what is happening at the moment. It looks awful and must be hell for those on the ground but don't forget that, like Sadam, this nutcase has deployed a lot of these systems in built up areas where the people act as human shields.

Well done the RAF for aborting a mission yesterday due to the presence of civilians.

This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625