Author Topic: Feeling always tired.....  (Read 390 times)

granny moss

Feeling always tired.....
« on: Mar 18, 2018, 10:29:14 AM »
This has been a funny sort of winter. I feel so very tired lately. I know some of it is due to the side effects of medication am taking. But it is for me a continuous battle against falling asleep on my chair....I put on a movie, begin to watch and the next thing that happens...I am waking up at the end of it.... :'( I find it very frustrating. The fact that I am alone, the deep silence that surrounds me, my age....I feel like giving up... :( But I know I must fight...and fight....until I finish my story...because then I shall be able to dedicate my time to my lovely watercolours! How do you cope when you feel tired? What keeps you going?....especially if you live alone? ;)  gmx

minniemouse

Re: Feeling always tired.....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2018, 10:44:24 AM »
I know what you mean GM.  I fall asleep whilst watching the tele.  Luckily I record all the programmes I watch so don't miss out that way.  I think it's partly old age and partly being in a centrally heated environment.  Sometimes I have a crossword on the go whilst watching the tele and that might keep me awake.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Alfred

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2018, 08:22:21 AM »

Hello Granny Moss,

Your not alone, in that many people including my wife and i at times after say having had some thing to eat and drink then sitting in a comfortable arm chair get settled as we start to watch a film on the T.V  and surprise surprise after a while start to nod off .

this has happened to myself a few times and also to my wife who in our early courting days and even after we were married where when we went to the cinema, manys the time when she would fall asleep ,and after wards she asked me what happened with the film to which i would tell her how the film went and  what happened ,

i suppose sitting in the dark in a comfortable seat as the film started off she would nod , it even happens now all those years later when she watches the t.v and once again i have to tell her what happened, so much like many people she saw the start and end of a film or what ever and im filling the middle bits , 

so is  it tiredness, ...or getting comfortable ,who knows, well when your retired as many of us are and relax into a state where we nod off when we like, and many of us do, including myself,

granny moss

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2018, 01:09:42 PM »
I made an effort this morning. Wrapped up very warm and braved the nasty cold wind....Just up to the top of the lane, and back. Feel much better...my leg not so painful. Did not feel hungry for any food, so just had a lump of toast and marmalade that is now sitting heavily in my poor stomach....The things I do to my poor old body when I am lazy ! :'( gmx