Author Topic: Eggs  (Read 1933 times)

Yellowbird

Eggs
« on: Mar 18, 2018, 10:33:22 PM »
just eaten the remains of the Easter Egg I bought for Ron, am now feeling sick, why did I do it🐷🐷🐷
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

zoony

Re: Eggs
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2018, 11:14:44 PM »
Cos you fancied some chocolate YB...Can't second guess that. There are some unknowns though..How old was the chocolate? Where and how had it been stored? Could the chocolate be in coincidence with something else?...Then there are the unknown unknowns.. ;D  Sorry just being Rumsfeldian..Sorry you're feeling crook and I hope it goes away quickly, chuck.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

minniemouse

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2018, 11:55:22 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

I've done the same thing numerous times with chocolates bought for Xmas presents, then I've had to replace them. 

Once at work we bought the Office Manager a box of sweets for her birthday.  Unfortunately she was away ill and was absent for quite a time. Every time we passed her desk we could see the sweets beckoning.  One day we decided to see if we could open the box without it being noticed and yes, we could from the underside.  We did this and stole a few sweets then craftily closed the box back up again.  :D
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

crabbyob

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2018, 04:49:20 AM »
stealing from the sick, my goodness, it would never happen down the pit
now if you left your water unattended, certain unscrupulous deviants might steal a sip
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alfred

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2018, 07:41:58 AM »
Hello Yellow bird,

I think when you get a fancy for something or other, and for many people including my wife who also likes chocolate,   in your case the temptation was there,  and  you like myself tend to go for it .

particularly when your really enjoying it, and most likely eat more than perhaps you should have, many of us have done this ,including myself quite a few times,  much like some men who go for a jar in their local pub, and then instead of say having a pint possibly two, end up drinking more than they should have done and later regretted it ,with a painful hang over,

in my youthful days i did this too , and said to myself never again ..........that was until the next time when i did do it all over again ?, eventually over time i did learn to eat and drink just enough to avoid the unpleasantness of over indulgence,  well many of us have been there ,

so join the club , ............i hope you're fully recovered and enjoying life again,   

GrannyMac

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2018, 08:16:10 AM »
We did the same before Christmas. Can't have chocolate in the house and be barred from eating some!  I've indulged in ice cream a copies of times (my real weakness) to the point of feeling slightly nauseous. 

😝 Hope you feel better now YB.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:30:11 AM »

I had the same trouble with some wine a few years ago..
I'm not really a drinker and we were have a gathering at my home .. It was a great evening and I was giggling and chatting away between wine drinking.. Everyone went home and I went to the bathroom.. The toilet bowl looked inviting so I knelt down,just to say 'Hello' really. :)
I died on wine that night..   
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Coastal

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2018, 11:26:40 AM »
I have bought two Easter Eggs, only the small £1.50 ones, a buttons and a freddo?, but when I open them it will be two days of half the shell and another for the contents, so probably a week or more each one, must stick to the diet.
Prior to starting the diet, if I went into Tesco and they were on offer, 3 for whatever, I would buy three and if I was really lucky they would last me a week, by which time I needed to go shopping again. ::)  (hense the diet)  ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Yellowbird

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2018, 04:39:27 PM »
Always buy it for Ron and eat it myself he has more self control than me, I cant resist anything sweet, doesn’t seem so naughty when I buy it for him!

Coastal

« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2018, 04:49:41 PM »
Guilt transfer, that's very clever but still naughty

Yellowbird

« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2018, 04:57:11 PM »
Hesitate to say naughty but nice

Coastal

« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2018, 05:01:45 PM »
I'm only jealous because of my diet 

Alex22

« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2018, 05:03:11 PM »
I still buy an Easter egg for my grown up kids !  I have to wait until the day before Easter to buy them or the temptation is too great.

Yellowbird

« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2018, 05:07:57 PM »
I also buy for grown up kids and eat those too. There’s no hope for me ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alex22

« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2018, 05:12:51 PM »
I also buy for grown up kids and eat those too. There’s no hope for me ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D