Author Topic: House seems almost silent.  (Read 352 times)

brian54

House seems almost silent.
« on: Mar 19, 2018, 11:30:20 AM »
I have taken up the free TalkTalk call screening service and the house is a lot quieter except when my granddaughters are there. I think we should all take up this service and put the cold callers out of business.

davemcdavidson

Re: House seems almost silent.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2018, 11:32:10 AM »
It's brilliant isn't it, I find that mentioning to them that I have registered with the Telephone Preference Service also makes them drop the call fairly instantly!

Dayjo

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2018, 01:08:43 PM »
I have taken up the free TalkTalk call screening service and the house is a lot quieter except when my granddaughters are there. I think we should all take up this service and put the cold callers out of business.

Thank you! For finally listening, to the advice we've been giving you, over the past few years, Brian!  ::)
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

Dayjo

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2018, 01:11:35 PM »
It's brilliant isn't it, I find that mentioning to them that I have registered with the Telephone Preference Service also makes them drop the call fairly instantly!

Dave.
 A "call guardian", type phone. Stops them annoying you, in the first place........
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

brian54

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2018, 01:21:11 PM »
I have been with the telephone preference service for years and I have a call guardian phone but the callers were somehow managing to display Birmingham numbers. The Talk Talk service is better as the person has to speak before getting through and it is unlikely a junk caller will do that. I have not had a single nuisance call since. As a bonus I may have got rid of the callers who have miss dialed at night wanting a taxi.

fortyone

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2018, 01:22:06 PM »
TPS only have teeth when it's UK companies calling. Most are overseas these days and don't care who you are registered with. I had a simple call blocker but it seems they randomly generate numbers so that won't stop them. After switching to a Call Guardian based phone they stopped completely.

I'm looking forward to a series of posts now about not getting calls about Christmas, Easter, etc. etc. being cancelled or even on one memorable occasion a call from a cow who I think we finally determined was an incontinent bull.

brian54

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2018, 01:24:40 PM »
I forgot to say somebody by me had a call saying birthdays are cancelled. He has now had the same service as me. The screaning service is relatively new.

fortyone

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2018, 01:26:13 PM »
The screaming service is relatively new.
I think most here have been screaming every time you post about your phone calls for some time now.

JCBDriver

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2018, 02:15:10 PM »
Indeed, most people who have experienced these calls are quite quick to employ a screening service.
I'm with Plusnet and have used their free service for this purpose.
Most providers have a similar facility these days, driven by the number of call they get about it!

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »
Happy to say that I almost never get nuisance calls and rarely get spam and I'm very happy in my anonymity.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.