Author Topic: Missed Appointment Charges  (Read 1772 times)

crabbyob

Re: Missed Appointment Charges
« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2018, 06:10:05 PM »
and for those who yearn for private medicine
it is there for you whenever you wish to pay
but the rest of us paid for a service that greedy doctors are destroying
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Phil

« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2018, 11:47:41 PM »
and for those who yearn for private medicine
it is there for you whenever you wish to pay
but the rest of us paid for a service that greedy doctors are destroying

We've got a foot in both camps as we have private health insurance but my wife's recent hospital visits have been as an emergency admission onto the medical / surgical assessment wards.

The NHS hospital couldn't fit her in for an MRCP scan before they discharged her so that got done at a private hospital.

If she needs an operation & the NHS waiting time is longer than say a month, we'd probably get it done privately with our health care insurance.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

granny moss

« Reply #17 on: Apr 18, 2018, 07:05:55 AM »
If I miss an appointment and do not notify them in time, I have to pay the fee. That it is with a private clinic. They got to stay in business so that they can do their job.gmx

StephenM123

« Reply #18 on: Apr 18, 2018, 07:25:50 AM »

We've got a foot in both camps as we have private health insurance but my wife's recent hospital visits have been as an emergency admission onto the medical / surgical assessment wards.

The NHS hospital couldn't fit her in for an MRCP scan before they discharged her so that got done at a private hospital.

If she needs an operation & the NHS waiting time is longer than say a month, we'd probably get it done privately with our health care insurance.

A good friend has been on the waiting list for life extending surgery for eight months. Unfortunately, he cannot afford to pay privately. What annoys him are the endless delays He recently had to have some complex tests redone because the previous ones had gone out of date. You can't help feeling that perhaps they hope he will not turn up one day - another OAP problem gone!

Phil

« Reply #19 on: Apr 18, 2018, 07:29:37 AM »
If I miss an appointment and do not notify them in time, I have to pay the fee. That it is with a private clinic. They got to stay in business so that they can do their job.gmx

Yes, my wife has private dental work & we would pay if she missed an appointment.

The dental surgery has a notice to NHS patients informing them that they will be struck off the NHS list if they miss more than two appointments without contacting the surgery in time for them to fill the appointments.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin