Author Topic: holes in the road.getting worse??  (Read 269 times)

Alfred

holes in the road.getting worse??
« on: Apr 12, 2018, 05:27:02 PM »
where i live i seem to notice more holes in road more than ever and although many of us drivers will no doubt pay more for road tax little if any thing seems to be done to repairing our roads so where is the road tax money going too, even many street paving stones are going the same way , some years ago my wife tripped up on one of these paving stones and we couldn't claim compensation, as she has broken her arm as a result, not counting several trips to the local hospital ...the  council said  that the paving stone had to be at least one inch high,  in order to make a claim, even though i had taken photos of proof,  later both my wife and i  came accross other ladies who likewise had a similar accident with the same answers,

Mondays Child

Re: holes in the road.getting worse??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »
From what I have read it seems that Local Councils are reluctant to spend money on these repairs as they are limited with funds.They are reluctant to increase the council tax even more than they are doing. Some do temporary repairs but these due to their nature do not last.

sparky

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2018, 06:18:56 PM »

Alf, And are set to be getting many more millions, up until this April low emission  cars attracted  little or no road fund tax, I paid £30 a year, my sons car was zero tax, he has just ordered a new low emission car, but that is now £125 a year, so what will all those extra millions go on, certainly not the roads, it will go towards foreign aid, or any other of the government madcap projects, or getting ourselves more involved in Syria.

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2018, 06:20:11 PM »
Perhaps the councils are waiting for better weather before tackling the pot hole problem Alfred ?

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2018, 06:24:01 PM »
Indeed they might.

Alfred

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2018, 07:32:43 AM »
what with pot holes , even more sink holes,   driving is definitely getting worse,  perhaps one day we will have to learn to start walking every where all over again .................. as our ancestors once did,   ....

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2018, 08:14:44 AM »

We have our fair share of potholes and it  can be like driving a dodgem car.
 Walking is a bit of a hit or miss too..  especially with all them motorised vehicles that seem to be on the increase.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.