Author Topic: Chemical Weapons  (Read 2031 times)

zoony

Re: Chemical Weapons
« Reply #15 on: Apr 15, 2018, 04:17:56 PM »
Just as a post scriptum to that, digitalis. Since 2010 and those swingeing cuts began there have been 120,000 deaths linked to the imposed austerity.

http://blogs.bmj.com/bmjopen/2017/11/15/health-and-social-care-spending-cuts-linked-to-120000-excess-deaths-in-england/
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Phil

« Reply #16 on: Apr 15, 2018, 05:55:16 PM »
What you say may be true Phil, but the comfort of the current position is illusory.  It is correct to say that Hitler had no intention of invading Britain until we declared war, but who is to say that if we had not he would have been able to use all his forces against Russia and having defeated them, turned on us.  His object was world domination after all.  The same I fear goes for Putin.  he is looking for signs of weakness in the west and has to be shown occasionally the cost of his delusion.  I do not like war and a hate the idea of people dying, but the middle east is far beyond my ideas of reason and is simply a battle ground to prove to opposing sides how good their weapons are.  I would leave them to squabble amonst themelves, but that was never to be.

digitalis.  Sounds like another left wing diatribe to me, made up to look like a sensible argument on the back of a serious discussion.  What is your point?

Mike.

Hitler had no interest in world domination, he wanted to re-establish part of the old Prussian Empire which would have required Germany to regain the Polish Corridor & to make Germany a world power & the dominant force in Europe which it has become today.

If you want an example of world domination you only have to look across the Atlantic.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

ronyork

« Reply #17 on: Apr 16, 2018, 01:12:56 PM »
Who is lying regarding chemical weapons, should we have  got engaged in these air strikes, And again where is the proof  that chemicals were used.I notice many cameramen  were around the sites  where these chemical weapons were supposed to have been used ,were they immune from any residue from these weapons, Why not  engadge the Russians in the investigations , talk, talk, talk, is  better than war, war, war,

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #18 on: Apr 16, 2018, 03:02:51 PM »
The pensioners George Gallaway and Ken Livingstone seem to have joined our forum - no prises for guessing the UIDs they are posting under.  "talk, talk, talk, is  better than war, war, war" - perhaps even the pensioner JC himself...

StephenM123

« Reply #19 on: Apr 16, 2018, 04:51:57 PM »

The pensioners George Gallaway and Ken Livingstone seem to have joined our forum - no prises for guessing the UIDs they are posting under.  "talk, talk, talk, is  better than war, war, war" - perhaps even the pensioner JC himself...

May I extend a warm welcome to all three of you!  :)

xetog

« Reply #20 on: Apr 16, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »
It is said that a camel is a horse decided by a committee and that is exactly what we would get if this sort of decision were made by Parliament.  We already know how the EU procrastinate until the emergency is over and on this subject parliament would be no different with the opposition asking for the impossible.  In an emergency situation a decision must be made,  for better or worse. Doing something is better than doing nothing.  We are told by those in posession of the best information (not the Blair creature) that not only are Syrian citizens being attacked in this unspeakably evil manner, but a number of similar attacks have already been made on UK soil.  Should we say to USA and France, "OK, you go ahead and we might follow up in a few weeks when you have faced all the danger"?

My own grandfather died from the effects of mustard gas sustained during WW1.  It did not kill him immediately.  crippled by what we now call Acute COPD and invalided out of the army he managed to work on for 28 years.  No benefit then, no alternative but to graft to support his family and went to sea until too crippled and thereafter continued to job in the London docks when he coud.  I hardly knew him buy my father's description of his final days was pitiful.  Anyone who attacks with gas or nerve agents is a criminal and must be stopped.

Mike.
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Phil

« Reply #21 on: Apr 17, 2018, 05:33:51 PM »
It is said that a camel is a horse decided by a committee and that is exactly what we would get if this sort of decision were made by Parliament.  We already know how the EU procrastinate until the emergency is over and on this subject parliament would be no different with the opposition asking for the impossible.  In an emergency situation a decision must be made,  for better or worse. Doing something is better than doing nothing.  We are told by those in posession of the best information (not the Blair creature) that not only are Syrian citizens being attacked in this unspeakably evil manner, but a number of similar attacks have already been made on UK soil.  Should we say to USA and France, "OK, you go ahead and we might follow up in a few weeks when you have faced all the danger"?

My own grandfather died from the effects of mustard gas sustained during WW1.  It did not kill him immediately.  crippled by what we now call Acute COPD and invalided out of the army he managed to work on for 28 years.  No benefit then, no alternative but to graft to support his family and went to sea until too crippled and thereafter continued to job in the London docks when he coud.  I hardly knew him buy my father's description of his final days was pitiful.  Anyone who attacks with gas or nerve agents is a criminal and must be stopped.

Mike.

The point is that Syrian chemical weapons posed no threat to the US, France or the UK so there was no reason for the US, France & the UK to get involved.

The rest of the world kept out of it.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin