Author Topic: speed cameras  (Read 818 times)

caminito

speed cameras
« on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
Speed Cameras

Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database. You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

http://www.i-database.co.uk

Just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window ( view picture  )to see a copy of the photograph.

mis sally

Re: speed cameras
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:35:16 PM »
Speed Cameras

Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database. You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

http://www.i-database.co.uk

Just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window ( view picture  )to see a copy of the photograph.

Well you got me there   ;D   ;D   ;D
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigarette or chocolates in one hand, gin and tonic in the other, your body thoroughly used up, and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride..

caminito

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »
I got caught when it was sent to me .
I thought that somebody must have cloned my number plate because I haven't visited the town where I was supposedly caught speeding , for years!
I was thinking , bl**dy heck ,who can I telephone to check this out !
 :o

bromers

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2011, 07:58:56 PM »
O.K i admit it a fair cop,but the photo made me look more handsome than normal.