Author Topic: it all a matter of taste,??  (Read 2786 times)

Alfred

it all a matter of taste,??
« on: Apr 18, 2018, 09:27:06 PM »

Of course im referring to Cheese ,which its claimed to have  been invented in either Europe or Asia,
how ever over time cheese in its many forms comes in many flavours , from not only England but from a number of European countries as well,

of course as we all know cheese made from cows milk  or goats milk  and were all spoilt for choice, as well as variety ,.

so from the humble cheddar, to brie, or dulcalatta, even camembert, the list is almost endless, as many ladies, as well as men, love the flavour and texture of cheese,.

Q:   so when it comes down to it, what is your favourite cheese, and will you tell us??

GrannyMac

Re: it all a matter of taste,??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2018, 11:05:15 PM »
My family are all cheese eaters, but I don't like it unless it's melted as in a pizza, or on a baked spud.  I have Parmesan on pasta, but that's it.

My husband like all sorts, vintage cheddar, very ripe Brie, Stilton, and a recent favourite is Comte.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

zoony

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2018, 11:18:09 PM »
I'm ditto with Mac and include cheese on toast or a rarebit.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

granny moss

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2018, 07:03:48 AM »
I must control my addiction to cheese. Any cheese, but not Parmesan or Goat......I just do not like them. My favourite is a good English extra mature cheddar. I had a sandwich, at the restaurant of a Whisky distillery. It was a toasted one, with melted cheese and a chunk of gammon that had been marinated in whisky....That was so nice !!! The price of a bottle of Whisky ! Made my eyes water.... :o The cheapest I saw was £40..... :'( 
It looks a wonderful day coming up !...I will really enjoy ! gmx :)

crabbyob

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2018, 07:12:26 AM »
i love the basic cheddar, i'm not positive but i believe Parmesan is made from Donkeys milk...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

minniemouse

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2018, 08:35:08 AM »
Oh dear, I've just bought some Parmesan  ???

My favourite is any blue cheese, and also mature cheddar, but I do like Parmesan on pasta.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2018, 09:46:31 AM »
I like most cheeses but Canadian cheddar is my favourite, it's un-brie-lievably tasty.  ;D   Emmentaler is nice, a bit  "plasticky" but nutty.  I'm hoping to go to a Cheese Fest in June, so I hope there'll be plenty of samples.

xetog

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2018, 01:45:24 PM »
I am a keen cheese eater.  My favourite is always a good mature Cheddar.  I am not too keen on anything too mild like some of the Dutch or Swiss products, but most English cheeses hit the spot as do most French cheeses.  American cheese is pretty tasteless, but we always have a wedge of Gran Pandano (Parmisan) and some Halloumi in the fridge. I consider myself a championship class chesse toastie maker (I add a smear of Marmite).  I like a wedge of Cheddar with an apple, or as my dad used to like it dipped in Blackcurrant jam.  Couldn't do without it.

Mike.
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

JCBDriver

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2018, 03:38:22 PM »
Another vote for a nice mature cheddar.

Nothing better than a grated cheddar cheese and tomato sandwich with a nice strong cuppa. If I'm making it myself it usually has a dollop of Branston with it.

granny moss

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2018, 04:04:09 PM »
 Cheese and pears-  cheese and onion - cheese and caramelised onion- cheese and bacon (grilled...) cheese and white grapes....
cheese and honey ham....cheese and digestive biscuits....bacon and cheese quiche... The list is endless.....go on...have fun....gmx

Fred Smiff

« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2018, 06:17:24 PM »
Cheese and pears-  cheese and onion - cheese and caramelised onion- cheese and bacon (grilled...) cheese and white grapes....
cheese and honey ham....cheese and digestive biscuits....bacon and cheese quiche... The list is endless.....go on...have fun....gmx

cheeeeezuss ! ;D
My Mrs says I've got a mind like a Welsh railway........one track and filthy 😁

Scrumpy

« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2018, 07:54:31 PM »
I prefer Cheddar cheese . I don’t mind a bit of blue vein .. Not into Brie.
I’ll eat Macaroni Cheese but not cheese on toast ...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

granny moss

« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2018, 02:58:34 AM »
Cube of cheddar, cube of pineapple and a pickled silver onion  on an orange stick......scrumptious.....gmx

crabbyob

« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2018, 08:17:13 AM »
i love both scrumpy, macaroni an cheese is a marriage as is roasted cheese on any kind of bread...lol.. am just off to make, jam on toast i cant handle cheese in the morning
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2018, 08:20:40 AM »

No jam... Marmalade for me..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.