Author Topic: I'm Almost Starting To Wish The Brexit Referendum Had Never Taken Place.  (Read 11484 times)

digitalis

Might be of interest to interested readers:

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/the-thwarting-of-italian-democracy/21420#.Wwpr3PZFzmI

View comments as well.

I think they have it worse than us.

Still,bad news for all the family dynasties who were hoping to get their relations feet under the feasting table

Phil

Might be of interest to interested readers:

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/the-thwarting-of-italian-democracy/21420#.Wwpr3PZFzmI

View comments as well.

I think they have it worse than us.

Still,bad news for all the family dynasties who were hoping to get their relations feet under the feasting table

Thanks for the link.

The comments from a couple of people who'd worked for the EU confirm what most of us know so I can fully understand the sheer desperation of people who have, or are looking to have, jobs with the EU wanting to hang onto them.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

digitalis

Read Sunday Times this afto. Have a look-c at what Rod Liddle's column says. I think he's taken the words from my mouth. All but stolen my lines! Would supply link but think ST wants you to ppv. maybe.
The man wont blame Romanians(who would!),but their increase in numbers depresses local wages and increases the need for more houses,more roads,more surgeries. He even says we're gonna have to concrete over the whole of southern England. It's all wonderful and very depressing. Very troubling.
From the horses mouth: waz in Romania but recently. Honourable people. But middle class dressed people scavenging in bins...for foodstuffs and the like? Professor(s) coming up to me and wife with well spoken English and excellent qualifications..asking me for money to buy medication.
My own resolution would be to sack the top-brass here(BBC,MoD etc)and employ Romanians. Much cheaper. See how the Islington Mafia like ompetition,globalisation style!

crabbyob

nice post digitalis
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

fortyone

I don't think specific nationalities matter in the least except for the numbers arriving. I was quite friendly with a Romainian who lived a couple of doors from me who had come here before they joined the EU. He had a well paid job and was doubtless easily paying his way. He was worried about the referendum and moved before it took place but elsewhere in the UK rather than home.

IMO for the most part the problem isn't the people it's the numbers and quite often the low wage many seem prepared to accept.

Phil

Read Sunday Times this afto. Have a look-c at what Rod Liddle's column says. I think he's taken the words from my mouth. All but stolen my lines! Would supply link but think ST wants you to ppv. maybe.
The man wont blame Romanians(who would!),but their increase in numbers depresses local wages and increases the need for more houses,more roads,more surgeries. He even says we're gonna have to concrete over the whole of southern England. It's all wonderful and very depressing. Very troubling.
From the horses mouth: waz in Romania but recently. Honourable people. But middle class dressed people scavenging in bins...for foodstuffs and the like? Professor(s) coming up to me and wife with well spoken English and excellent qualifications..asking me for money to buy medication.
My own resolution would be to sack the top-brass here(BBC,MoD etc)and employ Romanians. Much cheaper. See how the Islington Mafia like ompetition,globalisation style!

That's it in a nutshell.

Those who benefit most from uncontrolled immigration ensure that they're protected from any of the negatives it brings.

We have a small rental property in an area that's now become an EU immigrant area & the estate agents have told us that when we come to sell it'll be £thousands lower that it would have been in a non-EU immigrant area & may even have to be knocked out at an auction.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

fortyone

Meanwhile you can charge 20 blokes £100 a week each in sleeping bags or on air beds.

Phil

Meanwhile you can charge 20 blokes £100 a week each in sleeping bags or on air beds.

That only works if you're an EU immigrant landlord.

What you do is rent a property & then sub-let on the basis you have described.