Author Topic: State Pension not paid  (Read 1860 times)

janetmac

State Pension not paid
« on: May 20, 2018, 07:59:23 AM »
Has anyone had this prob;em.
Have had my State Pension paid into my bank for many years,but have had nothing since early April 2018.
My bank tells me its a human error by the official gov office source.After two phone calls Pensions still insist it has been sent.Am badly overdrawn and find the whole thing stressful.

Phil

Re: State Pension not paid
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 08:39:49 AM »
Has anyone had this problem.
Have had my State Pension paid into my bank for many years,but have had nothing since early April 2018.
My bank tells me its a human error by the official gov office source.After two phone calls Pensions still insist it has been sent.Am badly overdrawn and find the whole thing stressful.

Your State Pension payment is computerised so if the system had crashed due to some error, human or otherwise, there would be millions of missed payments which would have been headline news.

Logic, to me, suggests that the fault lies with your bank or the banking system.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

janetmac

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 09:15:47 AM »
They [Gov Office]have admitted that they did not send my May 2018 payment,and have now told me twice that it has now been sent,but my bank still have not received it.This is taking into account the 3 /5 working days needed for arrival into my account.Its rather scary for a lady living alone.

Phil

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »
They [Gov Office]have admitted that they did not send my May 2018 payment,and have now told me twice that it has now been sent,but my bank still have not received it.This is taking into account the 3 /5 working days needed for arrival into my account.Its rather scary for a lady living alone.

Ah, it would have been helpful if you'd said that the DWP admitted they missed the May payment, in your original question.

In that case I haven't a clue as to why it was missed.

It certainly wasn't a common problem as there's nothing about missed May pension payments on the news.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

janetmac

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 12:21:34 PM »
Phil,Many thanks for your input.
Am pleased to say my May payment hit my account this morning.

Phil

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 02:08:00 PM »
Phil,Many thanks for your input.
Am pleased to say my May payment hit my account this morning.

That's good news.

I have to admit to never checking mine so maybe I should.

granny moss

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 07:18:09 PM »
I check my Bank accounts every Sunday. And on Sat morning I check that my pension has been paid  in.gmx

Hugh

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 02:40:23 PM »
Anyone who as online banking, very wise to check daily which only takes a couple of minutes.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »
I check my on-line accounts daily - wouldn't dare leave it any longer, just in case
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!