Author Topic: i must be getting old when  (Read 3204 times)

Johned

Re: i must be getting old when
« Reply #15 on: Jun 06, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »
Did not know he had sadly died crabbyob?  Seem to recall he appeared in a number of films usually alongside Jon Hall, Maria Montez et al.

Dickie

« Reply #16 on: Jun 06, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »
I remember Zulu. It was my introduction into Shakespear.....

OMG I remember Zulu now amazing film sob sob and blimey this post has brought back so many memories . I honestly don’t think films today have the same impact as the old films had . I loved horror films for a few years until nightmares stopped me a bit . The Birds and psycho and Texas chainsaw eeeeeeeeek scary scary scary stuff xxx
Wow , I’m amazed I found you all again . I’m useless but all my love to you all for the past help and love you gave me

crabbyob

« Reply #17 on: Jun 08, 2018, 08:54:42 AM »
who can remember Christopher Lee's Dracula !!!
we were used to Bela Lagussi ...then when watching Lee's Dracula he jumped up onto a table and we almost defecated  right there in the cinema... he was amazing in that role...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Floydian

« Reply #18 on: Jun 08, 2018, 10:25:48 AM »
For me, Christopher Lee will always be Dracula, in the same way Sean Connery will always be James Bond.
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Jun 08, 2018, 03:06:55 PM »
The Man with the Golden Gun - Lee was the brilliant Saramanga - shame it was a Roger Moore Bond and not Sean Connery.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #20 on: Jun 08, 2018, 03:29:28 PM »
I just love the old Hammer Horror Movies and I have got nearly if not all the Dracula ones plus a few more on DVD.  ;D  I'm not all that keen on today's horror films, too much stalk and slash for my liking.
One of my all time favourites of Hammer is "The Devil Rides Out". Anyone else like that one?

crabbyob

« Reply #21 on: Jun 08, 2018, 03:42:13 PM »
by Dennis Wheatly, a great book i never saw the movie
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alex22

« Reply #22 on: Jun 08, 2018, 05:24:30 PM »
I remember The Devil Rides Out, in the 1960s it was scary  8)   I once saw a film that frightened me as much. It was about two couples on a motor home holiday in the US, New Mexico I think.  The husbands witnessed some devil worshipping one night and they were followed by the ' clan' right across the state.  Can't for the life of me remember the title now. 
Ramble ramble...... ;D

Raven

« Reply #23 on: Jun 08, 2018, 05:54:24 PM »
by Dennis Wheatly, a great book i never saw the movie
I'll give you a laugh about that book. I have it on Audio and around ten years ago I went off to bed with it and my wee CD Player, anyways it had just got to the bit after they had rescued Simon from the Satanists and were at Stonehenge when suddenly the bedroom door very slowly started to open, I almost fainted with fright when this huge hairy head peeped around the door, it was Maggie, one of my Old English Sheepdogs. I'd not shut the kitchen door properly and the scunner had managed to open it again and decided to creep into the bedroom to sleep. It scared the hell out of me and cured me of listening to horror stories in the dark.. Sheeze  ;D   ;D   ;D 

Alex22

« Reply #24 on: Jun 08, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »
Anyone remember this  ?  Race With the Devil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqv6PIH_ymY

Apologies Alfred, strayed a bit here  :)

zoony

« Reply #25 on: Jun 08, 2018, 07:22:19 PM »
why might he fight for the americans?
i'm not actually saying he didnt...lol... but i doubt it
i just checked... and he took american citizenship and died in California in 63... so you could be right....

Interesting John..As he played Gunga Din it must've seemed natural to fight with the Americans. Once a hero... ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #26 on: Jun 08, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
ahem... mr Zoony it was Sam Jaffe who played Gunga Din.. ;D ;D ;D

zoony

« Reply #27 on: Jun 08, 2018, 10:23:34 PM »
Already acknowledged on another thread ol' Crab..( Mr Zoony was my dad. You can call me sir.) ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Coastal

« Reply #28 on: Jun 09, 2018, 01:45:19 AM »
The thing about films that always amazes me, is when you watch a "newish" or "modern" film, and it's turns out to be 30 or 40 years old  ;D
Watched an old Hammer film today, Dr Terror's House of Horror with amongst others, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Donald Sutherland, Roy Castle and Alan Freeman.
Not exactly what I'd call a classic, but I have seen worse ones made more recently.
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

crabbyob

« Reply #29 on: Jun 09, 2018, 10:07:35 AM »
ok Sir Zoony... i always hoped you might get to Sir Zoony before Saint Zoony, well done, i hope you get invested [means allowed to wear a vest even in the summer] i hope you get invested the same day as Saint Kenny... i hope you are feeling well...