Author Topic: Good Morning All  (Read 1050 times)

Maywalk

Good Morning All
« on: Mar 30, 2011, 08:29:34 AM »
I am off to the hospital with hubby later this morning for him to have his foot done.
Its dreadfully deformed now with arthritis and he has a big callus underneath it which makes it very painful to walk on.
This growing old business isnt all that its cracked up to be  ;D
Mind you its a lot better than the alternative. :D
Have a great day everyone.

Chrisjay

Re: Good Morning All
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2011, 09:17:28 AM »
Hi as you can see I have moved this topic to the chat room (it would have been is the discussion prior to Chris's move around - hope you don't mind Maywalk  :) as it's a chatty post rather than a topic for discussion if that makes sense?

I know how painful it is to have foot problems I had a growth removed from my right foot almost two years ago, problem I had is they did not look any further and there were two more in that foot that are 'excessive' in size and I have one in the left foot.

Changing countries has not helped the waiting list/post code lottery issue but I am hopeful it will not be much longer before I am on the road to being pain free (12 weeks no weight each foot then 12 weeks on crutches each foot) after that I can move on with my life and hopefully move countries again.

Nice thing about the internet you can move anywhere and not lose your internet friends  :D

caminito

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2011, 11:11:27 AM »
Good morning Maywalk.
hope everything goes well this morning. Nothing worse than walking with pain !

Chris ...
I can move on with my life and hopefully move countries again. ???
Enlighten us . Where are you heading to !
You are doing a grand job with the revamping of the site and I am sure it will settle into a broasder interest forum ,once it is finished!

Chrisjay

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »
I don't have any specific country in mind I had once thought that I wanted to live somewhere warm all year but that brings the problem of bugs so I started thinking of all the places I had lived where I was happy and one of those places was Southern Ireland (and property is very cheap there now) but I am open minded I just hope I will know the right country when I find the right area and house.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the forum moves - I do think it is easier for new people to get to grips with especially as now their post can be moved to the right thread if they are unsure where to put it.

I struggled to work out where to put something in the Hobbies Board until I realised I couldn't see anything because there was nothing there  :)

When I move things it does not show in the same way Chris's do i.e. his says new mine says moved but it achieves the same hopefully ::)

caminito

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2011, 01:36:17 PM »
I moved back from Spain , like Dot , because when you get to a certain age , the health system is important !
My wife was fluent in spanish but I wasn't and I could not communicate that well with doctors and nurses if required.?
As we get older , a warm dryish climate helps with our aches and pains .
Well ,as we know , nowhere in the UK has that kind of weather but the South Coast is the best we can get.
Ireland would be to rainy for me ,Chris. They get the Atlantic weather dumping on them before it gets to us !
So , I think that here is where I will stay ! The NHS for all it's problems is still a good system and my local Hospital here,  is always top of the League table !  No language problems either .

Today is a bit of light rain with white cloud and the rest of the week is forecast white cloud but it is 14 degrees !

Chrisjay

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2011, 03:10:13 PM »
Yes the health care is a consideration but I had my most serious illness in Ireland and cannot fault the treatment.

Remember I grew up in a country you provided for your own health care and still do so I do not feel quite the same about the NHS as people who have had it all their lives.

As to the Irish weather I remember it fondly and don't remember getting snowed in as we do here.

Having said all that you have a good point about language in other countries but recently there was a report that said 60% of doctors here could not speak enough English to make them understood to patients so at that rate we will have to go abroad to find an English speaking doctor.

So there is a lot to consider before I finally make up my mind but the Irish are certainly more friendly than the English especially when they have a glass in their hand  ;D

Hugh

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2011, 03:59:10 PM »
Strange as it sounds Chris we live in the driest part of the country, and on average a warmest. This area suits me not far from the airport and being a pensioner can go away during off peak times when flights and accommodation much cheaper.