Author Topic: Virtue Signaller  (Read 4844 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: Virtue Signaller
« Reply #60 on: Jun 21, 2018, 06:01:23 PM »
Read your reply - Can't really understand what you are trying to say. Your earlier post seems to be saying - rather vaguely - that any opinion is OK, regardless of what it might be. I can't believe that is truly what you believe - at least I hope that is not the case. I ask again - is there anywhere that you would draw a line? How about somebody going into a crowded location - cinema, shopping mall, whatever, and screaming 'FIRE' and dismissing any criticism over the fact that folk get hurt, even killed in the resultant panic - well, I was expressing an opinion.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #61 on: Jun 21, 2018, 07:50:22 PM »
Am I right in thinking it might be a good thing for all concerned to let it go now .!  We seem to be going round in circles . I’m sure no-one is at fault .
Just a group of pensioners having a discussion ..
 Time for a tea break eh!  Even Phil got bored and left.  :) :)

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #62 on: Jun 21, 2018, 07:55:43 PM »
Happy to Scrumpy.  I cannot make sense of Mike's posts in relation to 'virtue signalling' at all.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

fortyone

« Reply #63 on: Jun 21, 2018, 08:38:37 PM »
Yeah - would the last to leave please extinguish the lights and lock up. Thank you.

em

« Reply #64 on: Jun 21, 2018, 09:14:30 PM »
Sleepy cat---where is he?

fortyone

« Reply #65 on: Jun 21, 2018, 09:51:49 PM »
Oh I'm not actually bored with it I've just sort of lost the will to live....

stellamaris

« Reply #66 on: Jun 22, 2018, 10:22:04 PM »
I'm much more interested in the curious  incident outside than the Daily Name Change..What's going on Spud?

I am not adding anything to this thread - Nada, Rien, Nichts, Dim byd, Niets [I can't type Russian for nothing so had to leave that out boo hoo].   I am just trying to satisfy Zoony's curiousity as above.
I don't know what it was yet Zoony.  A police car with lights came up the avenue  stopping not quite opposite me.  Then another police car with no lights.  All lights were put out.  Then what I assume were unmarked police cars came up.  The family of 5 were ushered into these two cars and drove off.  Then someone got into the family car and followed.   I live halfway down a hill - there is a mini cliff edge at the bottom of my garden and a mini valley.   The avenue is quite wide and the houses opposite me are much higher with steep terraced front gardens.  There are lots of trees at the back of them.   I could just about see a few torch lights in their back garden.  It was very curious because it was all done so quietly that it was like a silent movie.   This family kept very much to themselves for about two years when they first moved in.  They did everything together.  They seemed nervous. They didn't speak to anyone, but would nod in acknowledgement.   Then suddenly they had a birthday banner on the door for their youngest child and had a lot of visitors who hugged a lot and were obviously family.   And the eldest daughter has been going out under her own steam and the next one going to school by herself.    I thought they were under a Witness Protection programme myself.   If that was true I hope they haven't been rumbled.   The car is still absent and all the blinds are closed [but they often were anyway].
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Phil

« Reply #67 on: Jun 22, 2018, 10:32:41 PM »
Your description of events doesn't sound as though they were under a Witness Protection scheme as it would preclude any contact with family, old friends & certainly no birthday banners.

It's also highly unlikely that any children would be allowed to go to & from school on their own.

If they were under Witness Protection & the family broke the rules, it could have been tricky for that part of the road.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #68 on: Jun 22, 2018, 10:33:45 PM »
How exciting.  Just think how many versions of what it's all about you can imagine before someone tells you the truth.  Or … you may never know.  I do like the idea of witness protection.  They could have been reserved because some of the gang were still out there.  Then they were sent down so they could relax, see family and give the children a bit of slack.  I do hope the black hats haven't escaped - they would have to start again from scratch!
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

zoony

« Reply #69 on: Jun 22, 2018, 10:36:23 PM »
Well, well Spud...That is interesting...Witness protection isn't a bad thought..Immigration might be that stealthy but it sounds unlikely, plus this seems prearranged. I guess it's hairdresser, post office or chippy to find out what happened. ;D  (Oh, you forgot 'nada'.)

Ah...My reply crossed with Phil's. ( But I think you're on the right track.)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

stellamaris

« Reply #70 on: Jun 22, 2018, 10:45:18 PM »
But all that came about two to three years after almost total isolation Phil.  Then a slow growing of confidence.  I thought the case had been done and dusted and that they had slowly started to live again.  Of course I could be way off track, no-one knows anything about them, other than they keep the garden nice [and that is comically important around here]  But they weren't ushered out of the house unceremoniously, it was very careful and respectful as if they were in danger.   Anyway, whatever it is, I hope it turns out well.

stellamaris

« Reply #71 on: Jun 22, 2018, 10:51:36 PM »
. ;D  (Oh, you forgot 'nada'.)

Didn't  8)

Phil

« Reply #72 on: Jun 22, 2018, 10:54:07 PM »
But all that came about two to three years after almost total isolation Phil.  Then a slow growing of confidence.  I thought the case had been done and dusted and that they had slowly started to live again. Of course I could be way off track, no-one knows anything about them, other than they keep the garden nice [and that is comically important around here]  But they weren't ushered out of the house unceremoniously, it was very careful and respectful as if they were in danger.   Anyway, whatever it is, I hope it turns out well.

Well it's not the norm.

Assuming they were under protection they would have had a DA alarm & if they'd pressed the button you'd have had a couple of ARVs screaming up the road.

If it was a pre-planned relocation then you wouldn't have known anything about it.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

zoony

« Reply #73 on: Jun 22, 2018, 11:51:07 PM »

Didn't  8)

:-[ :-[  You're right. Please forgive the little schadenwotsit.. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #74 on: Jun 30, 2018, 02:44:21 PM »
I hope no-one minds me resurrecting this thread but I came across this...
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/06/27/comedian-tracy-ullmans-overly-woke-support-group-sketch-will-have-you-rolling-on-the-floor-648873
Oh, the term woke is used for those attuned to left-wing grievance politics - next challenge is to identify them on this forum.