Author Topic: Err.. umm..  (Read 1335 times)

Scrumpy

Err.. umm..
« on: Jun 18, 2018, 12:32:19 PM »
Talking to a man this morning on the phone about tiles for my bathroom .
He asked for my name and post code.  My mind went blank when it came to my postcode.
 “ Err.. umm RH..err..”
‘“ Don’t worry.. I know where it is “ he said.
That really was a senior moment.. Bloody stupid .
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

zoony

Re: Err.. umm..
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2018, 12:58:39 PM »
Not stupid chuck, your thoughts were on more important matters.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

fortyone

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2018, 01:14:54 PM »
your thoughts were on more important matters.
like remembering your name....  :)

sparky

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2018, 01:20:05 PM »
scrumpy, if that the worst of your senior moments, you have nothing to worry about, wait until you cant even remember where you wanted the tiles for.

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2018, 02:42:11 PM »
That's not so bad Scrumpy  ;)   I was in one of those car parks on Saturday where you have to tap your registration number into a machine on the way out.    I made sure nobody was looking, then took a photo on my phone of my number plate  8)   

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2018, 03:06:19 PM »
Alex, I have a note of my number in my wallet for exactly the same reason.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2018, 03:11:54 PM »
 ;D ;D   glad it's not just me !

fortyone

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2018, 04:26:01 PM »
I can remember the number of my current car, my first car, and even some inbetween. As to what I had for dinner yesterday...???

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2018, 04:37:00 PM »
I can remember the number of my current car, my first car, and even some inbetween. As to what I had for dinner yesterday... ???
I'm much the same - first three cars were FPO233C  Ford Anglia, EMF505B Wolseley 6/110, and TGX939F Ford Cortina MkII. Current car SR18AEE Ford Focus. The other 16 or so in between? Forget it. And, on the other hand, where DID I leave my keys an hour or so ago?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2018, 04:50:21 PM »
I have no idea what my number plate is .. I lost my car in a car park once and the lovely man who was helping me look for it asked what the make was..  A blank expression crossed my face .. He knew immediately that I did not know ... I know the colour.. so I gave him that information .
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

fortyone

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »
Please don't say it was silver......

Scrumpy

« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2018, 04:53:28 PM »
like remembering your name....  :)

I didn’t have any problem with that .. Being a Smith is easy peasy.

Scrumpy

« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »
Please don't say it was silver......

It is..it is..

Alfred

« Reply #13 on: Jun 19, 2018, 08:58:34 AM »

Hello Scrumpy,
No your O.K.  perfectly fine, ......….how ever many of us at some time or other have a similar event
 my wife when we were our shopping recently and parked the car in a really big carpark , later my daughter and i were sitting in the car and watched as my wife came out of one shop and headed towards a man sitting in his car,

i said to my daughter perhaps she knows him  from some where or other, and has gone over for a chat, the man looked very concerned as my wife walked towards him giving him a lovely smile as she waved her hand as well, suddenly she realised she was waving to a stranger and the penny dropped ,

boy how my daughter, and i laughed, as my red faced embarrassed wife finally found our car , evidently she never seems to notice the make of our car ,well  usually i am with her, and i wave to her when im in the car ,  how ever  there are times when we all do some thing or other , so i suppose it shows were all human and can and do make the odd error from time to time,.

granny moss

« Reply #14 on: Jun 19, 2018, 09:44:11 AM »
I never knew which car I was driving...(Micky changed them often).and one day I parked in a storey car park. When I went for the car, I could not find it, so I thought it had been stolen. But I did not give up. I went to the top of the park and then walked down checking the cars and I found it !gmx