Author Topic: Pensioner “Imprisoned” in Recycling Centre  (Read 392 times)

GrumpyOldFart

Pensioner “Imprisoned” in Recycling Centre
« on: Jun 19, 2018, 10:07:55 AM »

A pensioner claimed he was “imprisoned” by staff at a recycling centre after he refused to pay to dump his rubbish.

Chris Feller says he was ‘locked in’ a dump amongst other customers until he paid staff the tip charge for taking in a ‘armful’ of wood.

He also claimed staff at the Hempton Recycling Centre near Fakenham, Norfolk, locked the gates to stop him from leaving until he paid £3.

The 71-year-old said: “They imprisoned me – it was unlawful and illegal imprisonment.

More…

Scrumpy

Re: Pensioner “Imprisoned” in Recycling Centre
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2018, 10:12:46 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D   This should be in the jokes section ..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Phil

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2018, 10:22:09 AM »
He looks exactly what he is, a trouble-making waste-of-space with his 'look what I did' smirk.

What a pity he wasn't kicked into A & E by some of the other tip users.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Traveller

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2018, 10:47:36 AM »
It's ridiculous to charge to dump DIY rubbish when you've also had the expense of getting it to the tip in the first place.   At least it's free here and the staff have always been happy to help with heavy or large items.  On the other hand neither glass nor garden rubbish is collected by the "bin men".
You'll have had your tea.

fortyone

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »
Councils introduce charges like this and wonder why fly tipping increases.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2018, 10:57:55 AM »
Our tip is free - at least at the moment - but when we first came up here garden waste was collected once a week in the growing season, fortnightly thereafter. Now it is collected once a fortnight and you are charged £25 per bin per annum.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2018, 12:09:55 PM »

Councils introduce charges like this and wonder why fly tipping increases.

Yes this typical of council mentality,  along with wasting time painting ever increasing pretty white lines around potholes, when while they are doing that, it would not take a lot longer to fill the bloody hole.

fortyone

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2018, 12:25:27 PM »
Are you telling me that the council's paint isn't some special hole fixing gel?

I must say I never thought it worked very well as in my neck of the woods it wears away before the hole is filled and they have to paint around it again. They sometimes use different colours though - I thinks these relate in some way to the possible decade they'll bung in a shovelful of tarmac.

sparky

« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2018, 12:33:20 PM »

Fortyone, I recon they spend more money on paint, than they do on tarmac, add to that the cost of  the  Picasso doing the art work, then as I said,,,,,,,,,,,,, Typical council mentality

Ashy

« Reply #9 on: Jun 19, 2018, 01:41:07 PM »
It is more important these days to have all potholes recorded on a spreadsheet, prioritised and costed, put out to tender and finally contracted out, than it is to mend them.

zoony

« Reply #10 on: Jun 19, 2018, 01:57:52 PM »
A pensioner claimed he was “imprisoned” by staff at a recycling centre after he refused to pay to dump his rubbish.

Chris Feller says he was ‘locked in’ a dump amongst other customers until he paid staff the tip charge for taking in a ‘armful’ of wood.

He also claimed staff at the Hempton Recycling Centre near Fakenham, Norfolk, locked the gates to stop him from leaving until he paid £3.

The 71-year-old said: “They imprisoned me – it was unlawful and illegal imprisonment.

More…

Silly old sod.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Ashy

« Reply #11 on: Jun 19, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »
If he didn't want to pay, he should have taken his wood back.

Phil

« Reply #12 on: Jun 19, 2018, 09:51:14 PM »
Our tip is free - at least at the moment - but when we first came up here garden waste was collected once a week in the growing season, fortnightly thereafter. Now it is collected once a fortnight and you are charged £25 per bin per annum.
Mike

£35 per season for our garden waste to be collected & £35 to buy each of the three bins.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Jun 19, 2018, 10:22:54 PM »
The large green bins for garden waste are emptied weekly here. No charge that I'm aware of.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Phil

« Reply #14 on: Jun 19, 2018, 10:28:22 PM »
£35 per season for our garden waste to be collected & £35 to buy each of the three bins.

And each bin is emptied fortnightly.