Author Topic: as I was writing.....  (Read 244 times)

granny moss

as I was writing.....
« on: Jun 22, 2018, 09:51:05 AM »
A short episode came to mind...When we were in business and we delivered goods to Sandringham House, we used to stay for a cup of tea and a chat at the cottage of the Estate Manager and his wife. This time, the delivery was in the evening, and as we were chatting and enjoying ourselves, the time went by so quickly...When eventually we said goodbye and got into our Van, it was quite dark and close to eleven or so at night. All was so dark and quiet. We lost ourselves in the grounds and were beginning to worry when the night watchman found us! We were so grateful! We apologised, but he was such a charming man. He insisted in taking us to a side gate so that we could go safely home. We could have had to spend all night in the Van !!!!!gmx

Alex22

Re: as I was writing.....
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »
Strange how incidents from years ago can be quite clear in our minds, yet for me at least, I can'tremember what I did yesterday !   ;D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »
I know the feeling - and it isn't just yesterday!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

granny moss

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2018, 02:48:25 PM »
A few years back, a Monologue I wrote was read on Radio Norfolk. My N.one grandson insist that it should be integrated with my memoirs, so this is what I have been doing....and I got depressed :'(  Come in here to find something to cheer me up.. :'(
No chance....So, I am going for a nice walk up to the top of the Lane....gmx :)