Author Topic: Signs of the times  (Read 280 times)

digitalis

Signs of the times
« on: Jun 24, 2018, 11:48:32 AM »

Seen opposite my house: refurbishment of neighbours house . . Contractors car arrives. Sub contractor? begins to load 20 foot planks into household car so that planks,once inside car,stick out passengers window at least three to four feet. They are also so many that his left view is blocked. He cant drive away in that thing,says me. He does. Anyone seen a cyclists head impaled on some wooden planks going along. I try to shrug off the lunacy,begin thinking I shall have to see the doctor.
Same house. A building skip outside. It appears the skip will be picked up soon. Any rules and regs regarding height of breeze blocs loaded onto skip. At the moment it must be 10 feet over the top of the skip. I imagine it unsafe! Going around any corner its all going to come off. Watchoutoutthere! I try to shrug it off. Can't. Better make that doctors appointment.

Past experience: Seen: massive elephant hunting dog or some such. Its slobbering and pulling at a chained leash. It looks to want blood. Owner keeps it in a 12x12 flat all day. It wouldn't harm a fly s/he says. Next minute I hear of a baby being carried out of the park to be eaten by the animal. 'It's really cruel to have it put down' the confused dog owner cries 'Where's the RSPCA?' The partner thinks of buying a pet python and boa constrictor from Pets at Home supermarket.

Should I call for help?

Alex22

Re: Signs of the times
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »
No, just up your dosage  Digitalis   ;D

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2018, 01:44:52 PM »
No, just up your dosage  Digitalis   ;D

Agreed.  ;D
A lot of the Threads I haven't a clue what they mean, or everyone answers about another subject....No wonder I'm so quiet.  :-X

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2018, 01:50:35 PM »
I've only ever seen rabbits in Pets At Home. I go in from time to time to look at the dog collars. They look quite nice.

Raven

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2018, 01:52:00 PM »
Better selection of collars on ebay.

zoony

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2018, 02:17:38 PM »
I have a lovely pair of collared doves which visit the table regularly..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

digitalis

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2018, 03:04:11 PM »
My default is that i cannot come to terms with others inadequacies. I cant say i would pass mensa but some stuff i disbelive what i see. Put together its additional stress.
Have a friend who has booked a airflight to go on a cruise. I ask him where he is flying to to meet his ship: dont really know. Ask him where he is sailing: havent really asked!
My query is how much of this could you take before you have to commit murder?
Where goes...well,forethought? Surely not too difficult.
Another example: lottsa people breeding x10 children and such. Medical advances ensure most now live. As no pensions and wotnot in this world it then comes to be we have a population explosion. What is then asked is why other species are dying out and theres deforestation happening.
Can i assume the answer is in the question? Or is this too obtuse?
No one else getting cranky here?

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2018, 03:33:24 PM »
Nope

cowboy wisdom.

digitalis

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2018, 03:47:52 PM »
Understood

Coastal

« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 2018, 04:26:38 PM »
Sign of the times,
Well I'm sure that I'm not alone in thinking that some of the younger generation won't be able to think for themselves in the none too distant future, it will all be left to Alexa, Cortana, and whatever all the other brain replacement gadgets are called, now you can talk to your laptop, your television, your music centre, your lighting and probably a few more household items, mind you it's probably just as well because most of their "friends" will be virtual,
I think the easiest way is to take no notice and just let them get on with it, as long as it doesn't affect me I'm not bothered, chances are there's nothing I could do about it anyway so why worry.   
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2018, 05:15:28 PM »
Nope

Speak for yourself Zoony.. I feel a bit cranky..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Jun 24, 2018, 05:16:15 PM »
Well, I only talk to my dog, and she's too proud to talk to the likes of me!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #12 on: Jun 24, 2018, 05:19:56 PM »

Speak for yourself Zoony.. I feel a bit cranky..

What else is new? ???

cowboy wisdom.