Author Topic: Losing one's wife  (Read 20623 times)

Dayjo

Re: Losing one's wife
« Reply #45 on: Feb 22, 2019, 08:29:17 PM »
So sorry, Hugh....

Sharing in your sorrow, with love and friendship.
Sending you, our condolences.
David and Christine.
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

Hugh

« Reply #46 on: Feb 22, 2019, 08:57:03 PM »
True or false I have always believed the body is just a carcass which carries the spirit within. Because of this strong belief it will help me move on, knowing, or believing, Yvonne will remain with me for the rest of my life. Even now I feel her presence.   

Diasi

« Reply #47 on: Feb 22, 2019, 09:03:35 PM »
True or false I have always believed the body is just a carcass which carries the spirit within. Because of this strong belief it will help me move on, knowing, or believing, Yvonne will remain with me for the rest of my life. Even now I feel her presence.

Yvonne will remain with you for the rest of your life, of that there's no doubt.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

firenze

« Reply #48 on: Feb 22, 2019, 09:46:12 PM »
My sympathy Hugh, losing your partner of so many years leaves you lost.  To remember Yvonne is to still to have her near.  She has left a lot of herself around you, draw comfort from her memory.x
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

minniemouse

« Reply #49 on: Feb 23, 2019, 11:13:51 AM »
My condolences also.  Remember the good times.
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Hugh

« Reply #50 on: Feb 23, 2019, 12:30:43 PM »
Thank you every one for your support. Today is the first day of getting my life sorted,with out Yvonne. Getting some work done helps to take my mind off things. Although its still winter my lawns needed cutting so that was my first job of the day after walking Roxy and a food shopping trip. Tomorrow morning off for a round of golf,very much what Yvonne would  expect me to do, and would haunt me if I didn't. :) :) :)

Hugh

« Reply #51 on: Mar 01, 2019, 04:53:36 PM »
Well that round of golf didn't happen, in fact I didn't know just how run down I was. I was extremely tired and didn't know it. For a few days unable to sleep eat or do anything positive. Just beginning now to pull my self together. My son was given the week off to help me out and he was a great help and gave me the support I needed.

Raven

« Reply #52 on: Mar 01, 2019, 05:33:40 PM »
Hi Hugh, Glad to hear your son is there for you, sleep is a great healer and nature's way of shutting you down for a while to recover. Baby steps, one at a time, and you will improve slowly but surely.

Alex22

« Reply #53 on: Mar 01, 2019, 07:42:16 PM »
Glad you're starting to feel a little better Hugh and it's great that your son has been there for you.   

Hugh

« Reply #54 on: Mar 01, 2019, 07:53:00 PM »
Yvonne as now gone to the Queens Medical Centre Nottingham. With her dying of a very rare cancer its going to give them a rare chance of studying it, and hopefully help others in the future. This was her wish, and my body will also go to the Queens in the future should they want it. You are right Raven, time and sleep is a great healer.

Thank you Alex22 Stephen really as shown his love as a son. His boss must think a lot of him the way they have told him to have time off work.

GrannyMac

« Reply #55 on: Mar 01, 2019, 10:57:31 PM »
What a great idea you both had.  If no one donated their bodies for research, we probably would have far fewer treatments and cures.  You both deserve a big thank you.  Good to hear how much support you've had from your son.  I hope you feel more rested soon.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Hugh

« Reply #56 on: Mar 02, 2019, 04:03:42 PM »
We filled out forms years ago for our bodies to be donated for education purposes. They have now stopped taking donation requests because they have so many on file. Many people are using it to escape funeral costs, most of them will be very disappointed. But its good that NHS can pick and choose the best body for training purposes. Yvonne was pick because of the very rare cancer which she had. The chances are they will not get the opportunity to examine one again.

firenze

« Reply #57 on: Mar 02, 2019, 05:21:04 PM »
Hugh you have given more than money!  Without the bodies there would be little learning.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #58 on: Mar 02, 2019, 06:42:26 PM »
Veronica wanted to donate her body to medical science because of her very rare condition (one of only 20 sufferers in the entire UK), but in the event there was no suitable department able to take her, so she was returned to me for burial. Very mixed feelings - sad that I was unable to comply with her wishes, but glad that she is now buried just 1/2 a mile from me and I can visit with her every day
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #59 on: Mar 02, 2019, 07:59:10 PM »
Yvonne and I both decided death as turned into a money making racket. Donating our bodies would get away from this racket and do good at the same time. Death certificate £11 each, if a mistake is made and you require one more, it will cost £35. Yvonne in a cool room waiting for cause of death certificate was £250, it could have been done more or less straight the way but it took 5 days. I have told my sons when I die I want it done as cheaply as possible. At the moment that would be around £3000 indeed a money making racket.