Author Topic: Losing one's wife  (Read 20631 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: Losing one's wife
« Reply #30 on: Feb 19, 2019, 02:32:51 PM »
To be honest, I don't see how one can. I have 'only' been without Veronica for a little under 13 months, but it is just as raw a feeling now as it was when she died. Paraphrasing a bit I read in a book recently (a work of fiction, but the words hit home - no matter how many people you can have around you, without that one special person you are still lonely.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2019, 08:37:34 PM »
To be honest, I don't see how one can. I have 'only' been without Veronica for a little under 13 months, but it is just as raw a feeling now as it was when she died. Paraphrasing a bit I read in a book recently (a work of fiction, but the words hit home - no matter how many people you can have around you, without that one special person you are still lonely.
Mike

There are people who say it's far worse being in a crowd than on your own, because you're still on your own in the crowd but the crowd amplifies the loneliness.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2019, 05:39:09 AM »
Yes, I can see that
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2019, 01:32:16 PM »
There are people who say it's far worse being in a crowd than on your own, because you're still on your own in the crowd but the crowd amplifies the loneliness.
How true is that  !   

Audrine

« Reply #34 on: Feb 20, 2019, 08:34:44 PM »
Such a sad post, I feel for you all who have lost your loved ones. Just think how they are over their sufferings & pain. .Easy to say I know but so true. Take care of yourselves.Audrine

Michael Rolls

« Reply #35 on: Feb 21, 2019, 07:14:25 AM »
Thanks, Audrine
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #36 on: Feb 22, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »
My Wife Yvonne who as been ill for some time, passed away last night at 1945 while I was holding her hand, and talking to her. I had only arrived back at the hospice at 1930 she must have been waiting for my return. RIP Yvonne xxxxxxxxxxxx

crabbyob

« Reply #37 on: Feb 22, 2019, 03:23:31 PM »
sad condolences......
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Audrine

« Reply #38 on: Feb 22, 2019, 03:29:35 PM »
So sad. God bless you both! Audrine

Diasi

« Reply #39 on: Feb 22, 2019, 03:48:30 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that Hugh & yes she was waiting for you.

Please take comfort in the fact that you were with her.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #40 on: Feb 22, 2019, 05:03:24 PM »
Thankfully she is now free from pain, but I am still trying to come to terms with her loss. After such a long time together its going to take quite some time before I can really move on, but move on I will because Yvonne would want me to. I will look at her photograph every day to remember the wonderful times we had together.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #41 on: Feb 22, 2019, 05:29:27 PM »
My dear Hugh - I am so, so sorry for you. Like you, I was with my darling Veronica when she died and she was at last free of the debilitating condition that had stalked and slowly destroyed her for eleven years and 23 days. Believe me, there are sad, sad days ahead and unless you are a far stronger person that I am, you will never again feel whole - like me, and so many of us, the better half of you as been torn away. I can't offer any comfort - only understanding - take care of yourself as best you can - I know only too well that it will not be easy.
The only comfort that folk in our position can take of our tragedy is that at last our helpless loved one is now out of pain and torment.

All the very best
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #42 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:25:56 PM »
So sorry to hear this news Hugh, yes she must have been waiting for you to come back.  Now she's at peace and you have your wonderful memories.  RIP Yvonne

Scrumpy

« Reply #43 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:26:18 PM »
Yvonne knew you were there.. What a comfort you must have been to her. She is free of pain.. My condolences to you Hugh.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #44 on: Feb 22, 2019, 08:23:18 PM »
A sad time Hugh, but be comforted that you were together.  Condolences to you and your family.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais