Author Topic: New Starter  (Read 292 times)

rotate

New Starter
« on: Jul 01, 2018, 08:50:11 PM »
Hello To You All,
Hope this is the correct place for an introduction to this "Happy Band" of pensioner forum dwellers, if not I'll be pleased to be corrected.

I'm a UK pensioner living in Cyprus happily married to my Cypriot wife of forty six years. I worked in aviation for most of my life and my wife was a UK NHS Nurse for most of hers. We made the move to Cyprus at the beginning of this century following a number of life changing events in the UK during the 1990's, some of which I'll detail here when and if the topics arise.
Regards
Paul
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2018, 09:33:30 PM by rotate »

zoony

Re: New Starter
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »
 ;D ;D  Hi Rotate, welcome to PF. Your description is loosely true I guess though we do have our moments..Then again, a bit of fight'n and feudin' keeps things, and folk, alive..dontcha think?
Content with little but a little more would be nice.

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:13:25 PM »
Hello rotate, we're a mixed group here, hope you find something of interest. Feel free to join in!
'Political correctness is what right wing bigots call what everybody else calls being polite'.

Iain Banks

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2018, 10:09:42 PM »
Hello Paul welcome to the forum. 

Phil

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08:25:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum Paul,

I imagine your username is from your aviation days.

My step-daughter went to Cyprus to be married.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.

Paraphrased from George Carlin

sparky

« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08:32:18 AM »
Wellcome, Rotate, Its always nice when new members Turn up

sueboo

« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2018, 09:45:14 AM »
Hello Paul and welcome to the forum.
I'm not lazy I'm just always relaxed
Love the life you live. 
Live the life you love.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »
Hi rotate. 
It is always good to see new people joining so welcome.  I lived in Cyprus for several years during my teens (forces brat)  and loved the country although it has changed a great deal since then and much water has passed under its political bridges!
Poverty exists, not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

rotate

« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2018, 09:03:48 PM »
Thanks to You All for the Welcome.

Phil you're correct about the user name, and Cyprus has indeed made a name for itself as a wedding venue with quite a few of 'ours' from the UK being married here over the years.
Undercover Pensioner, some of the people from the UK that I've worked with in Cyprus were 'forces brats' who grew up here and couldn't get the place out of their system in adult life. As for the politics, I saw and we as a young couple were adversly affected by the extremes of those politics very early in our marriage.

Anyone who has seen the film 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' will have an insight into my life although thankfully the family were and are much less stridently Greek than those depicted in the film.

Regards
Paul